Self, Personal or Individual Challenges

September 19, 2016

My idea is self challenges either daily or even weekly. Listing an reward would be nice too, so I can see what I am working toward, such as an ice cream cone or to see a movie. I have a lot of friends on Fitbit, but not everyone wants to join a challege or motivates me like I would like. They do for a while. But by having my own self challenge, I can motivate myself by trying to beat a typed in step amount or my pervious day's step count. So I can try and beat what I had. Just looking at my step total isn't always enough, but to have a challenge and watch how I have only 25% or 50% done, will drive me to work harder.

I know I shouldn't depend of other to motivate me, so having self challenges would make myself accountable for my own goals. The challeges would be step goals, or calories goals, even mile goals. I think an individual should have a choice of self challenges to give one's self. 

~O.S.C.

16 Comments
cTan
Jogger

This is a great idea.

Shiloh30
Jogger

Thank you cTan,

I know they have new vitual challenges, but it doesn't work on my older Charge HR Fitbit.

I am hoping that a Self challenge option, I can rely myself for my own health. I know that we all need a good friend or friends to help us along, but what I am noticing that not everyone is wanting to challenge everyday, in which I need to keep moving forward. I need to self challenge myself and this needs to be a major option for those people that don't have the support of others in group challenges. 

~O. S. C. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

This currently exists only the form of advertures (there are solo adventures and non-competitive journeys across scenic landscapes), but it'd be interesing to have is as Challenges. I think this could be very useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion. Keen to hear what others think?

PMC42
Jogger

There is a distinct lack of variety in the solo adventures, and there is little sign of further development of this feature. Fitbit could kill two birds with one stone by allowing the community to create and share their own solo adventures. We could have the opportunity to add landmarks or even just images of the walks created, and the data for the adventure could be taken from a tracked walk/run. It would require some moderation on the part of Fitbit, but with a rating system the community could self-moderate to some extent. 

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion.

Redsarah
Jogger

I think it would be a great idea if could create solo activities.all we have now is yosimitie and NYC.no where else.if people could create them.there would be more to choose from and then people would have ones in their area they could choose from.instead of a place their not even close to.

Wysockat
First Steps

I like having adventures based on areas I am unable to travel to (yet)!  I like the idea of having a guided tour of someone's favorite hike.  

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @PMC42! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing. I've moved it into a similar request. Hopefully we will have support from other users since more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains.

AshWalk
First Steps

Hi all! I would like to suggest more personal challenge types. I don’t always want to be competing against someone else, my self competition is enough 🙂 here are some ideas:

1) make your goal day for a week

2) increase your steps by xsteps per day for a week

3) goal challenge for other trackers like Dailey exercise.

4) blow your goal out of the water, hit 15k instead of the usual 10k

etc etc. some things to get yourself motivated you work towards more steps. Thanks!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @AshWalk, and thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion about having more personal challenges with us! We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If your suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates! In the meantime, try visiting our Lifestyle Discussion Forum to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Status changed to: Under Consideration
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Shiloh30 and thanks for sharing this suggestion, which has received votes from other community members. I’m happy to let you know that this suggestion has been picked up internally at Fitbit and is being considered by our team. This suggestion will either remain ‘Under Consideration’ until released, or else move to ‘Not Currently Planned’ if it’s not viable right now. Further updates will be posted here.

Also note that you can currently compete in many of the Fitbit Premium challenges on your own, such as All for One, Custom Challenge and of course our Solo Adventures. 

Please remember that if a suggestion is chosen for development, it can take some time before updates are available or a release is finalized, so thanks in advance for your patience. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs. Fans can continue to vote for this feature suggestion while it is under consideration.

swico
First Steps

I am looking for an individual challenge in which I achieve a range of caloric deficit/surplus for a specified time period. 

For example, I may choose a 1-week period in which I must achieve a caloric deficit of 250-500 calories every day. Further, I must be able to set a 'floor' value for calories to ensure that I am actually logging my calories. That way I can't cheat by not wearing my FitBit and not logging calories (an example scenario is only wearing my FitBit for an hour to burn 300 calories, and not logging any food for a 300 net caloric deficit). The caloric 'floor' could be set at 1500 so that I must eat at least 1500 calories in order to achieve the day's caloric deficit goal. 

Even just an individual caloric goal would be nice - I'm not looking to compete with anyone else but myself. I'm surprised this is not an option. Would really like to see it implemented! I can't imagine it'd be difficult to do for the developers.  

charleskn
Distance Runner
Allow challenges to be equalized for beginner through hyper fitness members. Instead of focusing on total steps, distance or active/zone minutes, the challenges would measure your metric as a percentage of your average for the past month or 3 months. e.g. A week long challenge would use your average weekly metric as the basis for your score.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @charleskn, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see Self, Personal or Individual Challenges. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". I hope to see you around.

charleskn
Distance Runner

@YojanaFitbit, my suggestion is definitely NOT for self/personal challenges. Everyone is at different levels. Having a challenge (usually based on steps is mostly pointless for those of us that focus on other types of workouts. Using a method to normalize each persons metrics would allow beginners to compete in challenges with pros.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this Product Feedback! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.