Sense 2 SDK Release

The Sense 2 / Versa 4 SDK needs to be released ASAP to allow App and Watchface developers to bring teh Sense 2 up to the usability level of the original Sense.
6 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @IanV66, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding Sense 2 to SDK. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

wleoncio
Jogger

+1, sounds silly for your SDK not to support your top-end product. Realizing I can't write apps for my S2 made me regret my purchase a little bit and wonder if I should have gone for the Versa and spared me some cash. 😐

Nandor
Runner
Hi all,

Fitbit made a very good OS for smartwatches in the past. I would like to suggest to continue this work for the team who does this project and build a system for the new watches which is capable on the "smart" functions what other smartwatches can easily do.
LiLi2023
First Steps

@YojanaFitbit 

This is a major issue for regular users and developers and doesnt seem to be a minor thing that needs to be voted on.

People paid top dollar on the most recent Fitbit smartwatch (Sense 2) and cannot use it the way it is supposed to!

I had this issue and was searching the Forum and realized that almost everyone who has Sense 2, is disappointed with this issue.

There are two problems here.

Not only the SDK for Sense 2 is not available, but also there is no timeline provided by Fitbit.

We bought Sense 2 for our research and development assuming something very obvious that this will work. But that is not the case.

I appreciate if you at least let us know if Fitbit is planning to release this feature. 

wleoncio
Jogger

> Not only the SDK for Sense 2 is not available, but also there is no timeline provided by Fitbit.

This is indeed very strange. I'm not familiar with Fitbit development myself, but on the platforms I develop on, things tend to be quite more open.

It's almost like Fitbit themselves regret releasing the Sense 2. Each person that buys that device only to realize how sparse its gallery is compared to the cheaper models may be a minor concern to them after all.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Nandor, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about allowing Sense 2 to support SDK in order to develop more smart functions with us. I noticed a similar idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.