Setting Daily Meal Alarms

It would be great if you could add reminders to eat and log food throughout the day, especially for people who go to the gym and have 6 meals a day. You can get caught up in work and forget to eat on time or skip the meal completely(has happened to me), it would be helpfull if you could set reminders throughout the day to eat.

Moderator edit: Labels.

10 Comments
DragunRyder
First Steps

Your app food data base has come a long way since I started using Fitbit.  However we do not have the option to rename meals. For example renaming Breakfast to Meal 1.  I work the night shift and I recently had Bariatric Surgery.  So now I eat 6 small meals per day and my last 2 meals of (my day, up at noon and in bed by 4:00 am) are Breakfast and Morning Snack.  We (Bariatric Patients) eat on a time table (or at least I do), so adding an alarm to each meal would be great!!!!   ie....  Meal 1, alarm set for 12:30 pm. Meal 2, alarm set for 3:30 pm..  ect.  I know the Fitbit has silent alarm feature already, but incorperating it directly into the meals would be great!!!  Right now I am using an other app to remind me to eat (we bariatric patients have no hungry sensations for 6 months to a year post surgery).  So adding a "Meal Reminder w/alarms" to the Fitbit app would be appreciated by those of us who need to be reminded to eat!

PeggyLusk
First Steps

I agree with having the capability to set alarms for meals.  I don't use the calorie functionality in my Alta, because I don't count calories on my meal plan.  Instead, I need to be sure I am eating every 2-3 hours; some of which are meals and some are snacks.  (Both need to have a mixture of carbs and protein.)  I would want to be alerted if I hadn't eaten in 2 hours so I could look for food.  If I had any periods during the day where I went more than 3 hours between meals, I would want that tracked for metrics....

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LucyAP
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

It's time to keep a healthy lifestyle! 🙂 This is a great suggestion! I would definitely benefit from this as well, since I'm going to the gym and trying to eat healthy too.

Thanks for sharing your suggestion! 🙂 

kbown825
Jogger

A reminder to track your breakfast, lunch and dinner that is similar to the hourly reminders to move would be great. You could go in and set up the times for the alerts so that you don't forget to log your daily intake. 

texasdaveinla
Jogger

Fitbit has replaced “ loseit” app for me. But just found a new app called 3 hour diet. On iOS.  Gives me a timer between meals so I can stay displined and not eat until the next window. Please add this and have it vibrate our wrist. I’d be able to just ignore my hunger until my Fitbit said it’s time to eat. I eat diet food but I can still cram down 1000 calories of lean cuisines if I’m not on a timer between meals

Mz_Monchelle
Recovery Runner

I would like to be able to name my alarms so whatever I name it will come across my Fitbit telling me what the alarm is for, like take meds or pick up kids.  

I would also like Fitbit to log times for our food but make it adjustable incase we log late. 

JuneCD
First Steps

I would like the ability to input meal times so that I am reminded to log food around these times.

dsuomela
First Steps
I would love to be able to set or get pushed reminders to log my meals throughout the day because I use this feature to help me stay on track with my weight loss goals but can get so busy that I forget to log the meals
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @mortonboots, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see reminders to eat and log food. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Arthistgrrl
Jogger

Yes I would like to see this feature too! Daily reminders to log food at customizable mealtimes would be great!! 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.