Setting to hide Premium upsell in app

I'm new to Fitbit after the difficult choice between a Versa and Apple Watch. A key decider was the clear overview provided by the Fitbit iOS app.

However - in the last few days the Fitbit app has become littered with Premium links to locked content. Take a look at the attached screenshot - 50% of the screen is given to Premium upsell.

How can I say this clearly enough: I am not interested in a Premium subscription. I already spent € 200.00 on the Versa and resent that Fitbit is degrading my app experience by trying to extract more from me. This is a surefire way to destroy loyalty. Right now, I'm seriously considering returning my Versa and buying an Apple Watch 3 which is now the same price and will not plague me with upsell ads in the Health app.

Please add an in-app setting to turn off all Premium upsell and hide links to Premium content.

fullsizeoutput_1b41.jpeg

3 Comments
Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Jseger60
First Steps
Just add a setting to not show all of the premium features. If you want to have a "go premium" button that takes users to a screen that describes the additional features, it would declutter the home screen and make the app much more useful.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Jseger60, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to hide the Premium upsell in the Fitbit app with us. Because a similar idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time. Thanks for your feedback and keep adding your suggestions!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.