Shout out for the new community features

I just wanted to give a hearty shout-out for the features of the new community forums!

I think the usability will be vastly superior to the old forums.  Numerous things about creating topics or replies stand out as being a huge improvement.  For staters:

• Ability to go back and edit a message (I don't always proof-read...)
  • Auto-save and option to reload when you accidentally have browser leave page (THANK-YOU!)
  • Ability to do actual working links to other URLs (not everyone is good and cut & paste of URLs)
  • Ability to embed images (a picture can be worth a thousand words)
  • Simple to use rich-text features for increasing readability

I can't tell you how many times I had started a reply in the old forums and even had several paragraphs explaining something only to accidentally have the backspace key drop me back a page in the browser and lose everything.  Sometimes I didn't bother to redo it, either because I was out of time or just too frustrated.  The auto-save and option to reload is absoutely HUGE in my opinion!

And this is just in the entry / editing of messages.  It does not even address all the improvements in displaying topics.  For anyone who has not yet done so, check out the myriad of preferences you can select under  Settings  at the top of this page.

I just had to try out the URL link.  Smiley Happy 

Moderator Edit: Updated label

1 Comment
Status changed to: Released
zapleahy
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.