Show Altitude in Feet Charge 3

The Charge 3 should included an altimeter so you know how high you and how many feet you have climbed. For hikers, walkers, and bikers this would be very nice. Thanks........... chuck

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity

25 Comments
ANonyMouse
Premium User
Powerwalker

Under the specs for the Charge 3, it stats that there is an altimeter. But it would be nice to have it show feet as well as floors climbed.

Though, each floor climbed represents about 10'. 

How does my Fitbit device calculate my daily activity?

chuck1943
Jogger
Thanks but it would be better if it had feet climbed and not take floors climbed times 10. This is not accurate!

Sent from my iPhone
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us. Keen to hear what others think?

chuck1943
Jogger
Since you use altitude for the steps, maybe it would only take a software change to add feet gained to display?

Sent from my iPad
kajinka.owl
First Steps

Hi, I am hiker too. I bought this watch especialy because it has the altimeter. Please I would appreciate it very much. I think here is a lot of people who will appreciate it too. Thank you Karolina

kajinka.owl
First Steps

I think ..I need to know at what height I am. And it has to show me like the heart beating, like steps and so on. 

If it haas the altimeter. It should be easy to add it there? 😉 

S.Ash
First Steps

Agreed. Should show height, ascent & descent. Why go to the trouble of having an altimeter if you’re not going to use the capability - as other brands do?

aviramsegal
Keeping Pace

Altitude would be great, specially for hiking.

Other than current altitude, it would be great to see altitude gain while in hiking exercise mode.

Gwski
First Steps

For people who are hiking or running various courses and terrain it would be great if the Charge 3 could display its current altitude, above sea level in feet or meters.

Status changed to: New
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @Gwski ! Thanks for sharing this suggestion, I moved it to this similar post so you can add your vote to it. Please keep sharing your ideas with us! Woman Happy

J0hnE
Base Runner

I agree it would be great to be able to see what altitude changes I’d achieved when out training and walking, and add on to the app so that at the end of the day would keep a record to go with a live update on the c3

Michael.BNE
Jogger

Or meters for those of us in metric countries. Feet/Meters are probably more useful than floors for serious outdoor adventures.

BZilla
Jogger

PLEASE add the feature of displaying altitude in ft. This would be great, as it is offered by other trackers such as Garmin. 

OmuGuy
Recovery Runner

@chuck1943 wrote:

know how high you and how many feet you have climbed. For hikers, walkers, and bikers this would be very nice. Thanks........... chuck

I have a Suunto Peak that does this. It also has a barometer altimeter. Before departure, you have you have to set your current altitude. Since atmospheric pressure is constantly changing, an hour later, the readings are also not absolute. 
When riding my Honda scooter, I've also noticed that the Charge 3 adds lots of stair climbs. Probably something to do with detecting changes in air pressure caused by air flow across the barometer aperture.

The Charge 3 is a jack of all trades. The only thing, it seems to me, that it has mastered is sleep tracking. 
I voted for this suggestion, but it is not at the top of my wishlist.

Tonyharl
Recovery Runner

I just don't understand where floors comes from surely altitude gain must be either meters or feet

Floors totally un-scientific

Just allow change of units from floors to meters or feet - simply

Kartus
Jogger

+1 vote.

Display of altitude in meter / feet on charge 3 would be a great addition. Could be in a new app to show current elevation from sea level and a way to manually set a kind of 0 reference (offset), useful for hiking and climbing.

chuck1943
Jogger
Good idea :light_bulb:

Sent from my iPad
BobStein3
Base Runner

Folks who workout using stairs most often do it on a Stairmaster ... which the altimeter does not recognize.  So, changing it to display feet instead of floors makes more sense as it will be used that way by hikers and climbers.

Tonyharl
Recovery Runner

Totally agree

@chuck1943 wrote:

The Charge 3 should included an altimeter so you know how high you and how many feet you have climbed. For hikers, walkers, and bikers this would be very nice. Thanks........... chuck

dj_benice
Jogger

Still no current altitude?   Great ideas all, can't belive none adapted.

endamaco
Recovery Runner

this is crucial for hiking! Otherwise is pretty useless

endamaco
Recovery Runner

The altitude graph should report the min altitude, as without it is impossible to understand the difference between start and end of the hike. Also it would be useful to have the chance to show, on the x-axis, the duration, in addition to the distance.. Runtastic already has this!

Louloucarabou
First Steps
I would like the data in the altimeter not to be given in floors, but in feet / or meters, which would be more understandable.
When hiking, walking or running, it would be REALLY interesting to know how much we have climbed in altitude and at what altitude we are.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Louloucarabou, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about showing altitude details in feet . I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this Product Feedback! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.