Show exercise goal totals per month and year

Hello Fitbit Community!

With 2018 finished & 2019 starting. I wanted to create an exercise goal for 2019 by comparing how many days of exercise I had for 2018. I can view "days of exercise" by week in the android App. Is there a way we can view totals by month and year as well (not just past 30 days)? I do not currently see this feature available in dashboard.

EX: 2018: 100 "Exercise Days"

-January 2018: 20 "exercise days"

-December 2018: 10 "exercise days"

2019 Goals: 150 "Exercise Days"

-January 2019: 25 "exercise days"

-December 2019: 15 "exercise days"

Currently wearing Ionic

Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

18 Comments
tracklete22
Jogger

I have something similar suggested, a video that we could see all we accomplished. If we could save the video we could compare stats over the years too. This is the link to my feature suggestion... Year in Review Video

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@UCFgolfer23 Thanks for sharing your idea of having an option to compare the days of exercise during a year.

We'll see what other Community members think and once any update be available it will be communicated as soon as possible.

rodjoh
Jogger

The Fitbit app should let us see our work through the actual calendar month not just 30 day periods, some months have 31 days. This is possible on fitbit.com but not on the fitbit app. 

regiiihb
First Steps

I agree.

I've been reflecting on my 2018 fitness achievements and setting up goals for 2019. The current exercise reporting capability is very limited in Fitbit. Too bad, because I know there's a lot of data stored, I just can't access it effectively.

1. Number of runs for the year: ???
  2. Number of running miles for the year: Currently available, but I believe it includes daily steps too, which skews my "runs" number.
  3. Number of weightlifting workouts for the year: ???
  4. Total number of exercises per year: ???
    These are some examples that I'd like to see.

Getting more annual reporting details would help while setting up new goals. Even just adding a sort function to the exercise column within the annual log would help. Then I could count the various different exercise routines I've completed for the year.

Thanks for listening!

Rob

tracklete22
Jogger
Totally agree 100%

Nathan Pausma
I can do all things through Christ
MJM0613
Jogger

I agree that there should be more detailed exercise reporting.  Including weekly/monthly/yearly totals (time, calories, workouts, distance, etc.) by exercise type.  I appreciate that Fitbit allows you to select an exercise type, I'm just not sure what it's used for.

jablonr
First Steps

Agree.  Switched from Garmin to FitBit over a year ago.  Now that I want to see annual totals by activity type, I'm shut out.  Downloaded the data, but its useless.  Hard to believe this is not yet a feature and will certainly drive my next purchase decision.  

Just4M0
First Steps

Also AGREE 100%

Reports and graphs should be by available by calendar month and year, not just by last 30 days.  Much, much, MUCH better reporting is desperately needed.

Ajillity81
Jogger
I see this requested month after month, year after year and there has been no progress or response. I want to see my weekly, monthly, yearly totals for exercises. I do not want to see my entire days steps. If I logged an exercise of 5 miles for a particular day, I want to see that exercise separately from my day's steps.
Ajillity81
Jogger

Ajillity81_0-1609352975220.png

You have the data available.  I just want to be able to see my totals for a particular exercise.

Or be able to filter on particular exercise, for example Runs, and be able to export or see monthly and yearly totals.

Being able to see more than 10 records at a time.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Ajillity81, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see weekly, monthly and yearly totals for exercises. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

jablonr
First Steps
FYI, you lost me as a customer over a year ago when my Fitbit died. Had
to choose between Fitbit and Garmin. I loved the Fitbit but the inability
to get meaningful exercise stats/logs made the switch to Garmin a no
brainer. Garmin provides a much different experience with a focus on more
serious athletes, goal setting and tracking.

You have a great product but I wanted more than you were able to provide.

Bob
MZ_Tara
Jogger

I too was trying to figure out how many days I exercised this year.  I found no easy way to do it.  This is a simple request and seems would make alot of users happy.  Can you make it happen Fitbit?  Thanks

NatomCZ
Base Runner

Yes, some form of aggregate exercise stats is sorely missing, to make the tracked data more useful.

I'd love to see some my daily / weekly / monthly / yearly exercise summaries to be able to analyze my progress in different sports activities. One or two main metrics to be selected per sport - distance + time for running, cycling... time + number of sessions for others like badminton, strength training, fight sports, etc. Or let the user configure, what they want to analyze.

Suunto app can generate very nice yearly stats (attaching), which I'm missing very much on Fitbit.

Suunto yearly stats.jpg

lfields19
Recovery Runner

Here it is 2021 and still, this feature isn't available. This seems crazy to me. I can view my steps for the year, my distance. A couple of other things. But no exercise stats. I started a daily yoga program Jan 1 2020 and have kept it up. I'd love to be able to see how the lengths of my practices have changed, as well as a little brag would be nice. A chart of some sort showing nearly 365 days of exercise for 2020. This is a big gap.

Ivyme
Jogger
Bring a feature to count out total workouts for the month and year. Not just keeping track for the week.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Ivyme, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to see your exercise goal totals per month and year with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

synapsid0
Jogger

Hello,

I want to add that having the capability to see weekly/monthly/yearly exercises broken out by activity types would be really useful. For example, I can see what type of workout I am lacking in compared to the previous month. It would also allow me to see whether I am putting in enough effort compared to previous years. I have to use another app to be able to do this which is a pain as I have a Fitbit watch. Please consider prioritizing this feature as you already have all the data and just need to develop the visualization for it. I have used multiple fitness apps previously where this is a pretty basic capability.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.