Show swim split time (not calories) on Fitbit device and Fitbit app

Regarding the Exercise Swim function on the Ionic watch and mobile app.  When "done" with a swim, the Ionic watch lists a partial summary of lap split times.  Why, however, is this data only shown on the watch?  It does not synchronize to the Android mobile app (Exercise Dashboard tile). 

The swim data displayed on the mobile app is broken down into four sections: splits, calories, impact, and lengths. The "splits" section displays "calories" for each distance cue instead of "time."  Split "time" would be a much more useful metric to a swimmer than "calories."  If the watch can display this data summary, why is the same data not shown in the mobile app "splits" section? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

18 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us. I think a lot of users would be interested to see this data on the mobile app as well. Keen to hear what others think?

Amac126
First Steps

Having the split times show in the swimming results after logging a workout is much more beneficial than showing the calories per split. Especially if you are trying to tailor yourselves to serious athletes who would us that information to see improvements and areas to improve. 

LMK165
Keeping Pace

And to be honest, Fitbit should consider this more of a "fix request" than a "feature suggestion."  When the swim workout ends, the swim summary on the watch displays the first few laps with times (not calories) followed right after by a message to go to the mobile app to see more laps (i.e., implies additional laps with times).  Yet the lap split times from the watch are no where to be found in the mobile app.   Displaying just the average overall swim pace within the exercise tile of the mobile app is not sufficient for any product that claims to track swimming.

Fitbit--please fix.

hughstevenson
First Steps

Yes please - swim lap time feature Robot Happy

Nkehoe
Recovery Runner

Completely agree. Cannot believe this data is not available on the app. It’s made the iconic such a bad purchase choice for me and would not recommend for swimming at all. Please put this functionality in place sooner rather than later. The calorie per lap makes no sense to display could become a third column rather or just show total calorie count. As there is no lap times the calorie count per lap doesn’t even make sense as user can’t see if faster/slower laps burned more/less calories. Please tell me your working on this his and what I’ll be available soon. The database is already recorded on watch but not saved (first 1800 meters) so unless small swims and user has time to manually write down laps!

Meg22
Jogger

YES!! PLEASE IMPLEMENT THIS!!

This is a definitely needed feature. Should be quite easy as the lap times are already tracked on the watch - it just doesn't currently get transferred to the app. Instead the app shows calories burned per lap - an utterly useless metric for training!!

artemsht
Jogger

Yes please! Fix it asap!

Calories count is useless. What shall we do with this data? 

DC2000
First Steps

Agree 100% with the need for this change.  Want to see lap split times on app, not calories

Status changed to: Not currently planned
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum
Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs located at the top right box of the Feature Suggestions Board screen. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.
Nkehoe
Recovery Runner

Quiet shocked there are no plans to release this feature seeing that it is so simple especially when Fitbit actually tracks the information already on the watch and the deletes it.  Wish I had stuck with Garmin and not changed to Fitbit now. Swim feature is useless as it currently stands. Swim feature in my opinion is false advertising as does not give swimmer any valid information on their swim. Extremely dissspointed customer. 

hkhsu1010
Recovery Runner

After my 1.5km swim, besides the total time in minutes and seconds, my ionic watch displayed individual lap time and pace from the first lap to the 10th lap (each lap is 50m) on the watch and because of the lengthy output, it indicated that I can obtain thr rest on my phone app.  However the app displayed calories instead of the lap timing! Calories information is of no use to me after my swim but would like the individual lap speed and pace! Can it be configured?

Also can the app shows the actual timing instead of just rounding up or down to minutes for my swim? Instead of 28 minutes 20 seconds on my watch, it rounded up to 29 minutes on the App! Frustrating!

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @hkhsu1010, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. At the moment it is not planned to implement it. Nonetheless you can still add your vote.

Dipsomaniac
Jogger

When I use my versa when swimming it displays the time elapsed and time for laps. At the end of the session when the timing has been stopped it displays the time for laps however it is not convenient to review these at that time due to any number of reasons such as no glasses, sun glare making the watch face hard to read etc. When I go to my phone to review my swim data I can only get calories for each lap and not the times of the laps.  To my thinking to make a difference to calories used per lap is very hard to alter in such short time frame of only an minute or two.  The reporting of calories is only an estimate and hence only a vague guess - especially when heart rate, which is disabled during use of the swimming feature, is not taken into account in its calculations. Time per lap however being differentiated in seconds, a much finer measurement per lap is more important to lap swimmers and their ability to gauge their effort or improvements. I would appreciate being able to nominate which statistic is displayed when reviewing my workouts at a later time. 

I would appreciate Fitbit either giving a choice of which statistics are displayed or that the default be made time

DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Dipsomaniac , thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

monsterhp
Recovery Runner

This is actually more of a FIX request than a suggestion for a feature. 

In any lapping exercise or sport, athletes would logically need to review their performance, which would obviously entail a review of the most basic of information on their performance such as how fast and for how long and how far. This should be available in segments of the distance such as laps. I do not agree that this should be a feature that has to be voted on for release. 

When i was wearing the Surge, I highlighted this problem in the run review on the mobile app. I have since replaced it with the Ionic and i see that this problem is still outstanding after a few years, even for my swims. Better yet, on the Ionic, the watch displays a message to refer to the mobile app to view the other individual lap times. If you have programmed the watch to display such a message then it is obviously a bug that the lap times are not available. Please fix it soon.

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @monsterhp, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback regarding lap times on the app with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. At the moment it is not planned to implement it. Nonetheless you can still add your vote.

Cruicky
Recovery Runner

Why can't the information that shows on the Swim feature be transferred to the phone app. You can only see the lap breakdown on the watch until you come out of the Swim feature and the you have no detail of the time or pace of your workout. The phone app only shows calories used for each lap, which is totally useless.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Cruicky, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. This is not currently planned at this moment. You can keep adding your votes to this suggestion so we can keep tracking this request overtime. Learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.