Silence meditation without audio just timer

The mindfulness section is great, although for those who like to meditate in silence the audio track is not required. An optional timer would also be welcomed.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

13 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @pb12358, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about  having the option to track silence meditation without audio just timer. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

pb12358
Jogger

Please can you make the heading grammatically correct - replacing the word ‘silence’ for ‘silent’ 
i.e

Silent meditation without audio just timer

This is an autocorrect error / typo. My original title didn’t have this error to my knowledge. 

MR55EPB
First Steps

I agree, I'd even like to log manually. The track I play for meditation is on a different app and I can't play both. Nothing against the fitbit ones, I just find this one works for me. A timer tracking your heart rate and breathing would be better to allow the option so you can achieve your "target" it's very deflating and disheartening knowing you've done a mindful session and it's not counted. 

pb12358
Jogger
Yes, we all meditate differently and the tracks that Fitbit provide are great, but utilising the mindfulness section for silent / different audio tracks would be a holistic improvement to the section. It does also slightly reduce the selling point of the premium subscription which offers additional meditation tracks to choose from, so I’m not holding my breath on this request.
XxBUDDHAxX
First Steps

Please add just a simple timer or maybe just a way to log that you’ve meditated and how many minutes. 

Nilusha17
First Steps
Our fitbit should be able to time our mindful meditations without the guidance or the vibrations. Simply just have a timer that we can start and end to track to see our heart rate changes. I hate the vibration feature, just give us a simple timer.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Nilusha17, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see silence meditation without audio just timer. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices.You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

wosowiecki
First Steps

It's such a simple but valuable feature. Hope you can add it as soon as possible 🙂

Itumeleng1
First Steps
Please add an option for silent meditation, where we can choose the length of the meditation i.e. 10, 20 , 30 minutes or 1 hour?
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Itumeleng1, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the possibility of adding an option for silent meditation. I noticed that a similar feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community. 

onymous
First Steps

i was somewhat surprised to find there was no way to add a silent meditation to my fitbit profile - seems like a huge oversight. i’d amost be happy with the ecg app on my charge 5 if i could set the time longer than 6 minutes, though ideally i could do the meditation with my hands off the device so i could practise with a mudra. 

Namaste! 🙏 

ChadIsMe
First Steps

Hi, I also use a different app to meditate.  Would be good to be able to make entries into fitbit manually.  Alternatively, having functionality similar to Insight Timer where you can have customizable chimes at different intervals, warmup times, and "unlimited" sessions would make the mindfulness tracker more useful.

Dexgen
First Steps

Please please add this option. I've been meditating for years and would love to be able to time and log my meditations in Fitbit. Without a silent track this would not be possible for me.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.