Sleep Challenge

There are challenges you can do based on steps or reaching your step goal, why not for sleep? There are recommended hours that people need and that should be a priority in our lives in order to keep our physical and mental health in top shape. Sleep goals and challenges with groups could be helpful in making that a priority. 

Moderator Edit: Added Labels - Updated subject for clarity.

54 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

TGilbert
Recovery Runner

I like this idea.  Good sleep is important to well being.

AndreeaMarin
First Steps

YES! I want a sleep challenge option! Seriously....it would encourage people to at least try to see what it's like to get a good tight 10 hours in 

Karlibitme
Jogger

I think it would be great to promote self care if there were weekly sleep challenges you could do with your friends. Encouraging you to hit your sleep goals and get the most sleep. 

That and badges related to hitting your sleep goals. 

Its so great to encourage people to  move and be active, which is such a huge and amazing part of Fitbit but I think sometimes we’re applauded for not taking care of ourselves and perhaps a sleep challenge could help offset that. 

Sunlightning
Recovery Runner

Yes, I agree to do this, it sounds like a nice feature.

Ker17
First Steps

I really wish there would be a sleep challenge introduced to the app. My friends in the step challenge walk around more just so they can pass each other. I’ll get on the treadmill so I can get extra steps in for the day. Introducing a sleep challenge would help promote people who engage in them to go to bed earlier! 

Hallinan
First Steps

This is a great idea, I just finished listened to an amazing podcast on sleep and the health impacts from getting less than 8 hours, even as much as 6 hours a night can have negative health impacts I think sleep leader boards / communities / competitions would be fantastic additions

TGilbert
Recovery Runner
Which podcast is the one you listened to about sleep?

Thanks

--
Tim Gilbert
Hallinan
First Steps

I found this awesome podcast on The Castbox App. Give it a listen https://castbox.fm/vb/74665656 via @CastBox_FM #Podcast #Radio #AudioBooks @joerogan

That's a link via the app I listen with, if that doesn't work for you it's episode 1109 of the Joe rogan experience podcast.

One of the most interesting podcasts I've listened to in a while, and the main reason I started wearing my fitbit again.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I think it would be a fabulous idea to add a Sleep Challenge category in addition to the established step challenges (Daily Showdown, Goal Day, Workweek Hustle, Weekend Warrior).  It could there could be a challenge for who logs the most sleep hours over one day, one week, the weekend, or even get more specific such as who has the most deep sleep time, etc.  Win one for the sleepers of the world!  🙂

NelsonK
First Steps

I wanted to post about this so bad. I'm a young dad with a 34-38 hour part time job, going to school at least half time, and sleep is so important to me. I always end up sacrificing sleep but making this a challenge with my friends would be phenominal. I am, like a lot of Fitbit users, very competitive and I would love this feature. It doesnt even need to be who gets the most sleep, but rather, make it relative to age and active levels, since we all know more sleep is not always better. And dont stop at sleep challenges! Other challenges would be awesome. Please and thank you!

Cjj1234
First Steps

Can you make challenges around sleep? Or water intake? Or time spent exercising? 

amibho
Jogger

Deep Sleep challenge will push all users to give enough sleep and rest to their body so that they can compete on the Deep sleep challenge.

The challenge only counts the deep sleep out of us sleep pattern.

It will be a fun way to compete on deep sleep.

Jayelo
Pace Setter

This would be a fun challenge!! 

Terp21
First Steps

PLEASE CREATE THIS CHALLENGE. Sleep health is so important and not many people think about it as much as they should. Drowsy driving can be just as dangerous as drunk driving. https://www.cbsnews.com/video/drowsy-driving-can-be-as-dangerous-as-drunk-driving/ 

meganmc
First Steps

I'm a graduate student and my fellow students and I compete in step challenges. However, we all agree that we need more sleep, and a sleep challenge would be perfect for us! I know it sounds silly, but in stressful jobs like ours, a competition for self-care would be very useful.

Dmcclish2
First Steps

I agree with everyone else. I always wanted to know how much sleep my friends get and I think many people take shortcuts when it comes to sleep. I can see this as a good way to motivate myself and my friends to get more sleep. I am already motivated more to walk because of the walking competitions I do with my friends.

NataliaX
Jogger
I absolutely agreed. There is supposed to be some kind of competition in the sleep department. Our productivity and whole wellbeing depends on amount and quality of the night rest. It will be a great motivation to reach the personal goal. Let's do it!

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Tyf123
Jogger

Yes, great idea! If it could be based on sleep quality as well (for example longer deep sleep = more points) that would be even better.

mvan231
Tempo Runner

Yes! Do this please 

abbiecharlottee
First Steps

Having a challenge with friends to hit sleep goals. Similar to the walking challenges already on the fitbit app.

abbiecharlottee
First Steps

I would like the option of sleep challenges aswell! A good way of looking after our wellbeing.

mvan231
Tempo Runner
I wish they would actually act on these items, this isn't something hard to
implement. All we can do is hope I suppose
jwpetho
First Steps

I agree on a sleep challenge. Getting steps is easier than to make sure we get enough sleep. Such a challenge could potentially add many health benefits in addition to the steps.

NewFallenSnow
First Steps

I’ve been thinking about this as a feature as well, especially over the holidays! It’s important for us to take care of ourselves through sleep! 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.