Sleep Tracking Without Wearing The Tracker

Like many people I don't like anything around my wrist while sleeping. The last thing I do before I go to bed is undo my Fitbit Charge 2. And in the morning the first thing I do is putting it back on.

Wouldn't it be a nice feature if it would record this time as sleep as well? Using the motion and heartbeat sensor the device know's when it's at rest for several hours the host is probably asleep. I know this wouldn't provide the detailed sleep cycles, but at least it's better than nothing.

1 Comment
Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @brambo, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We do not currently have plans to release this feature since people take their trackers off for a variety of reasons so we wouldn't be able to confidently assume they were sleeping. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.