Sleep as Android Integration

Currently the Fitbit app is not compatible with Sleep as Android because it lacks the certain open "APIs". If fitbit could make all of the data available to other apps it would be fantastic! I love using sleep as android and the heart rate data (from my Charge HR) would be useful for my sleep analysis as well as the other sensor data.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

40 Comments
bbbbbbbbb
Jogger

I just bought a Charge 2 today. Sleep as Android integration worked great with my Pebble (until it broke). Sleep as Android integration was one of my favorite features, and the thing I was most looking forward to about getting another wearable. 

I'm gonna do some more internet digging tonight to see if there's a hack out there to get it to work, but if not I'm returning my Fitbit and getting an Android Wear device.

This is seriously dissapointing. 

cap60552
First Steps

I just bought an Alta today and was very sad to discover it is not compatible with sleep as android.

mastro
Jogger

cap60552 wait until you find out that it integrates with virtually nothing at all... You're gonna be so happy of your purchase.

xchatter
Base Runner

I was just about to purchase the Ionic and I am so frustrated that it does not support the number 1 sleep tracking app - Sleep As Android. 😞 I was researching for weeks to pick my tracker and now I have to start over. 😕 

rjm_robin
Jogger

Same here: your watches are useless to me without it. I will keep my Pebble running on fumes somehow, whereas I would have bought a new watch from Fitbit. 

It's your call.

Robin Markowitz 

rjm_robin
Jogger

Same here. I will keep my Pebble Time running on fumes, whereas I would like to have bought one of your new watches.

it's your call. 

rjm

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Please remember that Fitbit encourages third parties, like Sleep as Android, to link up with rhemt .Fitbit will not push themselves into third parties but waits for an invite. 

Grimorg80
Jogger

I also wish there was an integration between Fitbit and Sleep as Android. The closeness of the system, in this age of ultra-open APIs, is ridiculous. If Fitbit had the ambition of creating an equally good sleep management app, well, that would make sense. But as it stands, it's just sub-par and not being able to integrate with the best app in the space really makes me consider other wearables. 

plzlol
First Steps

Still the same BS from fitbit... when the f will they learn that without opening and respecting their customers they will die ?

LucenNox
First Steps

Adding my support for this. Also consider voting for this one. It's more general and technical, but allows for communcation between apps, and is one solution for allowing sleep as android to work.

walk2018
Stepping Up

I have given up using the sleep app, it is just so inaccurate. Might improve if you could adjust the heart zones as it seems to totally rely on that for judging sleep. Since I have to use sleeping pills 3 times a week I know on those nights I sleep well but not according to FitBit.

mhelvens
Base Runner

I would very much appreciate some response from FitBit. Even if it's something like "We don't intend to do this."

That would be better than no response at all. Especially on an issue with so many votes.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Jack_LV
Recovery Runner
Samsung Health and Sleep as Android allow use of smart phone to sensors to supplement data obtained from dedicated trackers. Would make sense for Fitbit app to do the same, especially given most of the time the phone are with us.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Jack_LV, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to use Sleep as Android Integration on the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.