Sleep graph showing Sleep Stages, Sp02 and Heart Rate

I would like the ability to show sleep stage, Sp02 and heart rate on the sleep graph. Like other suggestions, the sleep graph would be greatly improved with hourly ticks on the X axis and % for SpO2 instead of the variation but these are in other requests. Add the heart rate to the sleep graph, with SpO2 overlay would be a huge benefit.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

17 Comments
Shopaholic
First Steps

It would be good to identify the actual hour the graph information relates to rather than just a start and finish time and you have to try and calculate exactly which hour it is referring to. It would also  make comparisons between the sleep level and heart rate much easier.  Loving the app and Fitbit as a whole and good to have this easy forum to make suggestions to improve a great product. 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity and labels.

firemouse
Jogger

it was pointed out to me, that on the cellphone app (i have an android) if you touch the line of restlessness or awake, it will give you a little ballon with the time and length of restlessness or awake status. however, the app on my computer and on the website on the internet do not seem to have that function (though i do not have a touch screen on the computer)

Shopaholic
First Steps
You star! Thank you so much for that. Works perfectly on my iPad.
Much appreciated and very grateful 👍👍😄

Odette
PatHolt
First Steps

I suggest a sleep time heart rate record that is available on the online dashboard, like the heart rate graph that is available for workout times.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @PatHolt, thanks for sharing this ideas! It sounds really interesting to be able to see that information on the Dashboard. I'm adding your suggestion to an existing one. Hope it gets a lot of votes in the future. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Shopaholic and commenters, great idea. It would really encourage you to keep adding your suggestion on the board, so that we can streamline responses and discussion. I know this is a popular request, so watch this space for updates. I'm changing the status of this suggestion to give the opportunity to other users to place their comments and votes regarding this feature. Stay tuned.

Rickle
Recovery Runner
It would be great to be able to compare metrics by overlaying them on the same graph.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Rickle, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see Heart rate and sleep graphs together. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

You can also vote for this other suggestion: Overlay (combined) Graphs.

I hope to see you around.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SigHillDude, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding a sleep graph showing Sleep Stages, Sp02 and Heart Rate. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

You might be also interested in voting for this other suggestion: More X-axis points on the sleep graph of the Fitbit app.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

lazywong
Jogger

I agree would be helpful. I try to overlay the data in my head, so having it ready on screen would be nice.

Ileostomy
Jogger

Having the sleep grass available to provide it to your doctors in a print format would also be extremely helpful, for those with heart conditions, tachycardia, and other issues which involves PTSD and nightmares and other sleep disturbances in regards to the heart.

Chris1a
Jogger

So my Google Hub 2nd gen does a better job at nailing when I fall asleep and when I wake up. My Fitbit Inspire 2 usually only gets the falling asleep time right, but even that can be sporadic. 

I would like to see the heart rate that the Inspire 2 records during sleep, in the Google Fitness app. Ideally I’d like for all of these apps to write their data to the Health app in iOS, as that is the central hub in the iOS ecosystem. But I’ll settle for Google Fitness (or having Google Fitness write all the sleeping data that the hub collects to the Fitbit app). 

Most of all I’d like my health data not be locked behind a paywall. All of this data is collected by devices I purchased, it’s handled locally (albeit uploaded to the cloud, which is out of my control). Why….why is that locked behind a subscription fee? It’s not a service that you are providing, since it’s all handled locally by the devices I’ve purchased. 

SigHillDude
Base Runner

I've recently been reviewing her data graphed by Fitbit for users. I've noticed readings on my Charge that are NOT reported on the HR graphs. The Android version graph only posts every 5 min it seems. Although fitbit sells HRV access through premium, I wonder about the value information.  I've seen my heart rate while stress testing (medical ECG recording device) that does not appear on the Fitbit HR chart AT ALL. It begs the question of whether Fitbit  restricts data access as they know the recordings have little value (lacking accuracy). In the past I presumed they were running an averaging algorithm that might be proprietary. Dropping data they imply they are selling back (I.e. HRV & nightly SpO2 %) makes me rethink the business and value of the data.

SgtGiggles
First Steps

Yes! I just manually photoshopped overlapping screenshots of these graphs to better understand my sleep. It would be so nice to see them plotted on the same graph.

Annaemmie
Jogger

I’d love to have the heart rate and spo2 on the same graph!

lamtec
Stepping Up
If we could trend our SPO2 readings alongside of the sleep data, it would be possible to determine if low SPO2 is waking us during our sleep.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @lamtec, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to see your SpO2 readings along with your sleep data to track your trends with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.