Sleep reminder on fitbit instead of phone notification

I would like the sleep reminders to not be a phone notification, but instead, a short buzz on the fit bit.

This way I don't have to wake up fully to check my phone just in case it was an important text message. Nothing makes me and my partner more alert then my phone making unnecessary noices at night.

Just one short vibration is all I need to know it is time for bed.

8 Comments
lexygirl0
First Steps

I have this feature on My Fitbit Alta HR. It buzzes and then displays a message saying time for sleep.

lyssfitz
Recovery Runner

You don't need a feature added for this - you can just go into the settings in the fitbit app and set the watch to allow notifications from the fitbit app. Then the notification for going to sleep will come through on your watch and you won't have to check your phone. 

Or you could set a silent alarm for your sleep time. 

Meretseger
Stepping Up
Thanks for this, will the reminder still happen if I have my Bluetooth off
on my phone? Never mind, I will just try it out.
Thanks again!
--
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @Meretseger! Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think about the sleep reminders. See you around.

Meretseger
Stepping Up

@lyssfitz So I tried it. I am now receiving the sleep notification through my Fitbit but I still get the notification on my phone as well! The idea is to have the Fitbit sleep reminder on the Fitbit only, not also on my phone. A small vibration is enough to remind me to go to bed, and if I am already in bed it will not wake me up. But because I also get the reminder on my phone, making my text message noise, it fully wakes me up and I angrily delete the message.

MarcelaL
Recovery Runner

Agreed! My kids Ace 2, charge 3 and my own versa 2 are the same, bedtime notifications should be on the fitbit, for all fitbit models. If I wanted a bedtime reminder on my phone, I'd set up on my google calendar...

Status changed to: Under Consideration
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Meretseger and thanks for sharing this suggestion, which has received votes from other community members. I’m happy to let you know that this suggestion has been picked up internally at Fitbit and is being considered by our team. This suggestion will either remain ‘Under Consideration’ until released, or else move to ‘Not Currently Planned’ if it’s not viable right now. Further updates will be posted here.

Please remember that if a suggestion is chosen for development, it can take some time before updates are available or a release is finalized, so thanks in advance for your patience. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs. Fans can continue to vote for this feature suggestion while it is under consideration.

bladymerry
Jogger

Hi,

my sleep reminder doesn’t work. I’m getting notifications on iPhone but not Fitbit. I tried reset Fitbit, my notifications are on, Bluetooth is on as well.

please help.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.