Smaller Widget for Android

Can you create a smaller widget size for the Android home screen? The current one takes up half a screen.
Thanks.

Moderator edit: Added labels 

11 Comments
Mbrown37
First Steps

The current widget is quite large and clashes with a lot of the Themer app schemes.  It would be nice if the widget could resize into a small square instead of the big rectangle. 

Would also be nice to have a widget option to show numbers only and not the images. 

aprilh1286
Recovery Runner
For a widget that doesn't house that much information it is too large. Could be half the size and be just as useful. Also have that ability to change its colour or make it transparent would be fantastic.
Montago
Jogger

i agree - 4x2 is enormous for such little detail !

2x2 or 2x1 would be enough 

Wightly
First Steps

It has been mentioned before but apparently has fallen on deaf ears.  If you look though the suggestions there are repeats of:

- widget too big for little info

- widget takes up too much space

- advanced app icon that shows steps

Basically, people don't want half of their screen taken up by your widget that only shows a little info.  Even if it was a 2x2 tile it would be big enough to show the info and big enough for clumsy thumbs while working out.  This is an easy one and has no downfalls.  C'mon android team!

GVR
First Steps

It would be awesome to have a smaller Android widget, especially if it's 1x2. I'm thinking a step counter with a notifications/app-launcher button.

Zubes
Jogger
Totally agree, 2*1 widget with just a step counter and launches the app would be perfect
richardbrust
First Steps

I just switched to a FitBit (Charge) from just the step counter on my Samsung Galaxy S4.  The 'SHealth' app from Samsung has their widget counter at 4x1 and transparent (white or black text are the only options).  

The 4x2 puke blue from FitBit hasn't made it on any screen yet, as it's one of the most unattractive widgets I've seen.  Not sure who designed this and chose 4x2, but my suggestion to FitBit returned with them telling me to post here as "our product development teams consult regularly to ensure we're delivering on what our customers need and want".

We'll see...

richardbrust
First Steps

I just switched to a FitBit (Charge) from just the step counter on my Samsung Galaxy S4.  The 'SHealth' app from Samsung has their widget counter at 4x1 and transparent (white or black text are the only options).  

The 4x2 puke blue from FitBit hasn't made it on any screen yet, as it's one of the most unattractive widgets I've seen.  Not sure who designed this and chose 4x2, but my suggestion to FitBit returned with them telling me to post here as "our product development teams consult regularly to ensure we're delivering on what our customers need and want".

We'll see...

RebelGTP
First Steps
Currently, the widget with the Fitbit app on Android has a minimum size of 4x2 when displaying the widget on the screen. I ask that the widget be changed slightly to allow a minimum size of at least 4x1 if a 2x1 option is not feasible. With the current minimum size, it appears that the widget could fit in a 4x1 footprint because a large amount of the space in the 4x2 space that the widget occupies is just blank.
PlinySoun
Jogger

Adding heart beat measure to the widget would also be great. So I do not have to open the app but when i use my phone i directly get confronted.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SilviaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Great idea! This can help users to have more things in the screen plus the Fitbit widget. 

Currently, If you tap and hold the widget, it gets a little bit smaller. 

Thank you for visiting the Feature Request board! 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.