0 Votes

Virtual Walk Across Your Country

Please set an ability to do a virtual walk across the country by being able to enter a starting point and ending point on a map connected to google maps. Make it so you can check in and see in steps how far you've gone on a map along with being able to zoom down and see where you are in street view.

For example you set a personal challenge to walk from New York City to Los Angeles over a year or three and you can check in at any time on the fit bit app or web page and see where you are and see the sights in street view by zooming down to your location.

I walk a good 5 miles worth of steps or more a day and is possible I could virtually walk from Chicago to Florida over a year. I think this would make it interesting to make the daily steps just to see how far I am and see in google maps, where I am and in street view where I am on my personal challenge.

You can set it up as a race to race your friends or strangers across the country and see how you stand up to everyone time wise. You can have it so you can start the race any day and when you hit the finish, you see how you stand up to others.

3 Comments
vincenzo
Recovery Runner

Walk across the world. http://www.thebeautifulwalk.com/

Oriondestiny
Base Runner

Thank you. I'll look into this.

Status changed to: Released
FerdinandFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thank you for your suggestion!

Recently, Fitbit has already implemented a very similar feature that lets you explore specific places through your steps which is like a virtual jorney. These are called "Adventures". Click here for more information.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.