Split screen support for Fitbit app in Android devices

Currently the Fitbit app on Android OS doesn't support split screen view. It will improve the user experience with app supporting split screen view.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

7 Comments
Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @JabbaTheHutt, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

N-Gee
First Steps
The fit bit app can not be openened in parallel with other apps (split-screen under android)
Android says that app is not compatible.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @N-Gee, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to split screen support for Fitbit app in Android OS. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Nicolas13008
First Steps

Dear Community,

Don't you think it would be interesting to be able to use the FitBit app in SplitScreen mode ? Let say, you follow your heart beat rate on your phone while being able to have Strava recording or while you follow Waze navigation. Of course you could always check on your watch but on a bike it is not so convenient...

Nicolas

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Nicolas13008, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding split screen support for Fitbit app in Android devices. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

Click on the thumbs-up to show your support. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

imgt
Keeping Pace
weii it may be underappreciated but would make the app robust when looking at it from a multitasking perspective......and by George you guys are owned by google now spend some money.
PS rotational capabilities would also be appropriate
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @imgt, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board.  I've moved one into a similar request. You can see the second one here, where you can add your vote to this existing suggestion:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for.

Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.