Start Adventures on Same Day

The application adventure is a potentially good application however in order for you to use it you have put reservations and for a day in advance. The application will not start until the next day. At which point it starts at 12:00 AM. This appears to be relatively odd. The resolution for this would be for the application to start immediately. After all it's about being motivated immediately not a day after. Other than that the application is a waste of time.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

58 Comments
adguy
Jogger
Exactly! I want to do them whenever I have the time and inspiration. Why would you need to wait for a virtual solo walking challenge?

Sent from my iPhone
Joe_on_the_go
Recovery Runner

I started this thread years ago. The fact that Fitbit still hasn't addressed such an easy & customer oriented fix just re enforces my view that Fitbit doesn't care about us the customer.

I am glad that I have stopped using their products.

maia200
Jogger

Totally agree on the starting when you have the motivation...why wait until the next day when you may not be able to take as many steps.  I have done all the solo adventures and would also like more added.....however I now have a garmin.....

Kgg85
First Steps

I agree.  Would like to be able to start an adventure challenge same day rather than waiting until 12:01 next day.  This morning I was hoping to start a solo adventure to help me stay motivated throughout the day today; and disappointed to find that that is not possible.  Thanks for your time and consideration!

rosebud3606
First Steps

Well, this suggestion has been here for 2 years now and the start time is still midnight. I’m trying to rationalize why challenges with friends can start immediately and adventures can’t. Perhaps there is a programming difficulty we are not aware of? As others have commented, this seems to conflict with the fitbit concept as a whole: encourage & motivate a change today. I really think we should be able to wake up, plan our day and add an adventure to it the same day. Fitbit is excellent nonetheless, but this modification would be nice. 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Bit starting an adventure today or right now will prohibit a user from being able to invite others. 

adguy
Jogger
Solo adventures can’t be done on demand. Seems ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone
Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.