Start Adventures on Same Day

The application adventure is a potentially good application however in order for you to use it you have put reservations and for a day in advance. The application will not start until the next day. At which point it starts at 12:00 AM. This appears to be relatively odd. The resolution for this would be for the application to start immediately. After all it's about being motivated immediately not a day after. Other than that the application is a waste of time.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

58 Comments
cloggy123
Jogger

The Adventures are truly a great way to motivate people to keep moving - but not if you can't start them NOW instead of Tomorrow. I am not sure why I cannot start a new one immediately, or line up two or three in a row even so I know that every step counts towards a new goal.

UKSteve
First Steps
Why do we need to wait for the next day for an adventure challenge to start? It is really frustrating when you can't quite finish one day so you finish early the next day and then remain all day without a challenge
GW_USA
First Steps

I agree that it does not make sense to wait until the next day to start an adventrure challenge. I think the option to pick a starting date would be a useful feature. You may wake up today and say I want to challenge myself to .... or you plan something for Saturday with your friends and today is Wednesday. You may forgot to select it on Friday.

kvalence
First Steps

I want to be able to do Adventure challenges on the same day

Estanie
First Steps

Agreed, very frustrating. I was looking forward to starting one to see if I could complete it by the end of our zoo trip today. I became extremely frustrated and disappointed that I was going to miss out on the opportunity because it will only let you start at midnight. 

hmcgee
Recovery Runner

Please change the adventure start date from only 'starting tomorrow' to having the choice of starting today OR starting tomorrow, as similar to the challenges start dates. 

finallyfit60
Recovery Runner

I agree, I wanted to come in from work today and do an adventure to increase my steps.  I don't want to wait until midnight or the next day.  I had time and wanted to today.  

DAC1965
Jogger

I totally agree!! If I am feeling energetic and ready for a challenge now, I am going to be frustrated and maybe not want to do it at midnight when the challenge actually starts.   These adventures were created to get people moving, but they are not very flexible for the people who actually participate.

maia200
Jogger

I would love the option to have the adventure start the same day not necessarily tomorrow.  I work shifts and often complete my shift by 2am....when I am still on an adventure may finish it then.  I wake up and want to start a new adventure but can only do it the next day.  I understand that it is because you want a daily accuracy however this does not work for shift workers or for those wanting an adventure on their day off and don't think of it before going to bed.

Possumqueen90
Jogger

This is so frustrating I'm in a relay challenge and the last leg is to do the 26.6 ny marathon adventure today I go to start it at 1am I work weird hours and have to wait 22 hours to start ....now I'm out of the relay you should have a start now option not sure why you wouldn't !! People work different hours it's a big issue I'm reading on these forms 

Lueck767
Tempo Runner

I agree, why only tomorrow?

Lueck767
Tempo Runner

Agreed. The Adventure should begin immediately as soon as you select "Start". If you can finish whenever, why can't you start whenever?

Bonxy
Tempo Runner

I agree. You should be able to start now or tomorrow like you can with Fitbit challenges.

Dailydl
First Steps

For solo adventures, there should be an option in the mobile app that allows users to "start now," instead of only giving us the choice of "start tomorrow." These challenges are one person only, there's no waiting for others to accept an invitation to join. Why should we have to wait for a full day after we've decided we want to complete any sort of solo activity/adventure? It's a motivation destroyer - show me something really exciting that I WANT to do, then tell me I can't start until tomorrow.

Joe_on_the_go
Recovery Runner

I agree, you should be able to get up & then decide what you want to do.

Dailydl
First Steps

Might belong in a different thread, but solo adventures have so much potential to motivate, especially for someone like me. I have a 120 mile round trip commute every weekday, which leaves very little time for socializing or anything else. I would really like to see them expanded to more places. How about adventures in Paris, historic Kyoto Japan, or the many other beautiful places right here in the USA? These are virtual adventures, there are plenty of photos of interesting places to create landmarks, why limit them to New York and Yosemite?

Syd234
First Steps

The adventure feature seems like a great idea, but the MAJOR flaw is how there is no way to start the adventure today. If I'm motivated to move today, why should it be put on the backburner in hopes I'm motivated tomorrow just the same? Very disheartening to see people have requested a 'start now' feature since 2016 and Fitbit staff have STILL done nothing about it except telling us to suggest it here, So here's my vote, lets get on it and actually 'start now'.......

garry71
First Steps

Would like to be able to start solo adventures when i want. Got up thought i'd like to do 8000 step ny marathon adventure but cant start till next day im working tomorrow so cant track like i want to.

garry71
First Steps

Would be nice to start challenges now, then be able to pause the longer one. I do over 10k steps whilst working and cant keep checking for the rewards.

Joe_on_the_go
Recovery Runner

Yes Garry71, 

The ability to pause as well to start straight away would be great.

Let's hope Fitbit finally picks this up

Esthergosnell
First Steps

I agree with the frustration of not being able to start a challenge right away. I struggle with motivation and this would be a great initial challenge for me. When I am "in the mood" to work out and to get my steps it would be best to be able to start immediately. Rather than do as I have always done with my health, start tomorrow. Please help us achieve our goals!

StrawberryGB
First Steps

I've just discovered the solo adventures and would really like to start them today and not wait until tomorrow. By tomorrow my enthusiasm maybe gone! Please look to make this change.

mairako
First Steps

I agree as well! A workout should be allowed to start NOW...

initially I thought I was doing something wrong and I could not start it... I had to search online to find out that the feature was not there...

BuffaloNative
First Steps

The ability to start an adventure challenge immediately would be a huge add.  I may not be as motivated "tomorrow" as I am right.  The ability to start now and *continue* into tomorrow would of great help in keeping me going.

Joe_on_the_go
Recovery Runner

Well I've lost my motivation for solo challenges. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.