Step count down

I'm wondering if there is a way to count steps from 10,000 down to 0? I find myself trying to calculate in my head how far I need to go to reach my daily goal. It seems like it might be more motivating to me to see that number go down!

Thanks!
7 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @PattyRN, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to count steps from 10,000 down to 0. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

JonDavidL
Hill Runner

So simple but such a fantastic idea! I’d love to be able to switch to a countdown on my steps.

marissaseuss
Recovery Runner

I’d like this too! Kind of like the “closing circles” feature on Apple watches.

Guy_
Space Racer

What happens when steps reach ZERO? Do they go negative or just stop showing any further steps?

It would make more sense for hourly goals, starting at 250 and working till 0 for that hour.

PattyRN
Jogger

I envision having both options--it should still track your total steps for the day but also let you see the countdown screen from 10,000 if you opt to. I think the Versa may already do the countdown hourly from the 250? 

Guy_
Space Racer

Opting to do countdown would still pose a problem when you get to zero, or do you envisage displaying both goal count down and steps so far?

It's still an interesting idea.

PattyRN
Jogger

They could be two separate screens just like others that you scroll between. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.