Stream Premium exercises on Fire TV Stick device

Right now for Android devices, you can only stream the premium exercise videos on a Chromecast device. Well I don't have that brand of streaming device, so I still am not able to utilize the videos like I want to. Please make it compatible with more than just Google or make it available on the desktop account.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
19 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @AshT, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to stream premium exercises on Firestick device. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Bradcore
Recovery Runner

Yes, this would be very useful. I will be cancelling my premium subscription as soon as it's up because I can't do this.

Nanny911
First Steps

Please please add the app to Amazon Fire Stick.  Really difficult following yoga poses on my phone!!  

Ambhoya
Jogger
Allow for a connection of our premium content to be accessed via our television or other big screen. His could be offered via Firestick or Amazon Prime or as it’s own content.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Ambhoya, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to stream your Premium exercises using your Fire TV Stick device with us. It seems this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

si087746
Jogger

I agree, you should be able to view workouts via Amazon firestick. I struggle to watch workouts via my phone as the screen is too small

shesdangerous
First Steps

Please add the app to the Amazon Fire Stick

Ddcaudill
First Steps

I also will not continue with premium if I can’t stream to fire stick. 

Kerrifb
First Steps

I plan to cancel after my free 6 months as well. If I cannot see on a larger screen (like TV with firestick), the premium workouts are not beneficial. 

Crys_night
First Steps

I strongly agree with this suggestion. I want to use the premium programs provided by fitbit but being limited to Chromecast means I can't. I have no intention of adding a Chromecast to my tv when I already have a fire stick. Fitbit should be compatible with multiple 'casting' or streaming options.

Crys_night
First Steps

I also agree. There needs to be a way to easily watch the premium videos on tv without needing Chromecast- casting to non-google devices, an app or connect them with YouTube (an existing app). 

Virginia_Lynn
Jogger

Sadly, I will also have to cancel my premium membership because I can’t access the videos except on my iPhone mini, which doesn’t work well. Why not make them available on a firestick or the desktop site? Sucks.I see this has been a complaint for over two years, with FitBit moderators replying twice, to no avail. The problem persists.  

Cbm04c
First Steps

Adding my vote to develop the functionality to stream to any smart TV or fire stick... Please! It would be nice to actually use the workout content that comes with the Premium subscription. The phone screen is far too small!

SandyMarieA
First Steps

I am also adding my vote to please add casting ability to FireTV. The whole reason I subscribed to Premium was for the exercise videos. But using on my phone is not working for me. I need to be able to cast to my fireTV! If not able to within 6 months, I will be canceling Premium. What a shame. I like everything else, but like I said the exercise videos were the most important to me.

si087746
Jogger
I ended up cancelling as they never sorted out the. Streaming issue!

Sent from Outlook for iOS<>
SandyMarieA
First Steps

I found another way! I downloaded the "screen mirroring app" on phone, then on my fire stick and it works! It just mirrors anything I have on my phone screen, so it's good for other things too! So glad! 😊

si087746
Jogger
Thank you, does this work on iPhone do you know?

Sent from Outlook for iOS<>
SandyMarieA
First Steps

I don't know. I have an android.

BenieSue
Jogger

This has been an issue for the last two+ years w/Fitbit Premium and unfortunately I didn't realize I couldn't mirror from my iPhone to firestick before paying  an annual subscription to Premium. - only the audio works...very disappointed. 😑 I will not renew Premium next year if this is not available.  

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.