Streamlabs/OBS support for LIVE Fitbit Heart rate readings

Being able to see your heart rate on a variety of streams has become very popular today. Some Third Party chest straps are currently the only ones that support showing LIVE heart rate readings while the streamer is playing a horror game or anything else intense. Its fun and engaging for the audience/chatters to see what the streamers heart rate is in real time right there on the stream video. I noticed that fitbit and a lot of other third party companies have yet to incorporate a way for us fitbit owners to see real time heart rate readings on streaming software like OBS (Open Broadcaster Software). This would also be a great way for free advertising if the fitbit logo is seen next to the heart rate reading, millions of people would see it while browsing streams. Thank you for your time reading this and I hope you consider it! Thanks!

11 Comments
Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

MannyNY
First Steps
Would be great if you could have your heart rate display live on the Peloton Bike similar to Apple gymkit integration via Fitbit smartwatch.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @MannyNY, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see live heart rate to share it with other apps. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

rinja_aggie
First Steps

Great idea to reach more people way faster. As a viewer of many and a streamer myself, all on screen data can and is interesting. Seeing a streamer's heart rate is fascinating, as you can see what they genuinely keep calm through vs things that make them struggle. Plus the obvious fitness games. I solve this problem now with Pulsoid. It's an entire device devoted only to reading my heart rate and sending it through my phone to a simple overlay. It's uncomfortable and cumbersome, so I don't use it often. My Luxe has my pulse, it's already connected to my phone... seems like a dream option compared to the other device, which again is cumbersome and only has the single feature. As a streamer, chat always asks about my tech. My eye tracker is popular, and I refer people to Tobii often. I tend to only wear my heartrate monitor when playing my VR headset as that makes sense, which means people only ask about my heartrate monitor infrequently, but they do *every time* I use it. If Luxe was providing my heartrate... I'd have no choice but to reference it, and since I'm wearing it all the time compared to Pulsoid, that would be all the time. Seems like a win win to me! Plus, investing in the infrastructure gives you so much more potential. Letting people see and have and manipulate their data in real time is the future. Stuff we see in Sci-fi with floating medical holograms and such. Imagining going to my doctor's office and my Luxe just *tells* their computer what it knows right now (with my consent of course). A device already heavy into the market can now also send its data to any other receptive device? "Trading Hubs" of goods or data tend to perform well... Who wants to be first to that table? You've already got the entire device. Just gotta hook it up and let the data flow... 🙂

fifthnail
First Steps

Let's put it this way,  you need to create more value for your FITBIT device. Check out Pulsoid, you guys are not on this list. I'm ready to return my VERSA 3 which is not cheap at the time of writing this message, versus an $83.00 Polar H10 Heart Rate Monitor Chest Strap that can sync with Pulsoid. 

fifthnail
First Steps
fifthnail
First Steps

so there is a $83 fix to my VERSA 3. And I found a $32 fix, CooSpo Heart Rate Monitor. c'mon Fitbit, VERSA and SENSE needs to have this feature.

I see response from Pulsoid community... this is what they are saying about you guys... "Fitbit devices do not broadcast heart rate info to third party apps, that’s why Pulsoid app can’t read bpm values and can’t connect to the server(because no data is sent)"

kissis
First Steps

Hello, for transparency - how many votes would your team need to add this to a glide path for 2022?

Im in the process of working with Peloton to include other fitness watches for tracking heart rate and performance. 

I like using Fitbit and would hate to move to another organization because certain features are still unavailable.

Thanks

Lostinjanuary
First Steps

100% agree this is such a missed opportunity 

Tris432
First Steps
The heart rate live would allow users to add a obs ( open broadcasting software ) overlay, via the fitbit web browser on the desktop. Enabling the user to show the heart rate to a streaming plateform.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Tris432, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to see live heart rate for OBS. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support. 

While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.