Stronger vibration on the Inspire HR

I end up missing several alerts and milestones because the vibrate is so mild. I’m used to the flex original and that was great. There was no missing when it vibrated. An option to have it stronger would be great

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

55 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing @Chetbet! We look forward to hearing what other community members think. Robot Happy

LZeeW
Ultramarathon Racer

I agree that the Inspire HR vibration is too soft.  I often miss Reminder to Move vibrations.  MUCH softer than other Fitbit models (and I have enough to know).

bjaiello
First Steps

3rd fitbit model. Seems like vibration should be stronger.

WaterJogger
Jogger

This is my third Fitbit. The vibration is MUCH softer than previous Fitbits. Is it possible the vibration motors on some Inspire/Inspire HR devices are defective? Could vibration strength be increased with a firmware update?

Aonofrio
Jogger

I agree the vibration needs to be much stronger 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I think the vibration strength should be customizable as it depends on each person sensibility

Aonofrio
Jogger

I can barely feel the vibration- needs to be much stronger 

nmc-ma
Walker

I agree - be nice to be able to select vibration level - sliding scale, list of choices, whatever can be made to work

Vdjdn
First Steps

Definitely agree that increasing vibration intensity should be an option on the inspire HR. I use it as a silent alarm when I sleep with earplugs in, and am afraid I will miss my alarm it's so light. Had the charge HR before this, and it was MUCH stronger of a vibration.

Perhaps a software update would do the trick?

thejunior
First Steps

Yes - please - stronger vibration!!  4th or 5th Fitbit and this is by far the weakest.  Missed numerous wake-up alarms.

mpk77
First Steps

agree!  I can barely feel Inspire buzz.  Every once in a while i do, but i end up missing most of them. 😞  

Awagaman
Jogger

Very much agree with the OP and the comments. Vibration on inspire is pointless. I'm still using my flex 2 for wake up alarms, then the inspire for day use.

I want it to vibrate so strong that I can hear it! (with an option to turn it down of course!) 

Zippy85768576
Stepping Up

We need to have the ability to set the strength of the vibrate on the inspire.  I do not feel anything. are they working on this?  Other models are stronger 

rdeca.pomaranca
First Steps

I agree. I hardly notice the notification vibrations and I sleep over the silent alarm. I've tried sleeping with band turned so that the inspire is on the inside of my wrist, placing it 2 fingers above my wrist and casual (like a watch). Nothing helps. The weird thing is it makes quite a lot of noise for this small of vibration.

As suggested it would be best to be able to select the strength on the app itself.

Please fix this, since it is (in my opinion) impacting the experience of this device significantly.

Colinm39
Marathon Racer

The current 250 step warning notification at the 50 minute is only "petite"..Smiley Happy

Needs a stronger warning like all of the other notifications.

Especially when the health authorities and medicos are now pushing movement  every hour..

LZeeW
Ultramarathon Racer

I decided to write a new comment instead of editing my previous comment.  A user with an Inspire + clip is not able to feel the notification vibration in the clip.  A big turn off for this user.  The vibration needs to be stronger.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@Colinm39 Thank you for your suggestion about having a stronger warning notification at the 50 minute of the hourly activity goal.

We'll see what other Community members think.

I agree, I hardly ever notice this vibration on my Inspire HR!

Colinm39
Marathon Racer

Thanks... I missed one today by 13 steps... I never thought of looking at the watch as I went in for an appointment... So by habit I'm starting to get about at the start of each hour.

The more I think about it maybe the notification should be earlier in the hour.. I was caught in that appointment.. and it would have looked odd if I started waving my left arm..Smiley Happy

fred777
First Steps

Agree needs to be configurable

ParkinsonsUser
First Steps

I use fitbit products for the silent alarm to remember to take my medications.   Having a worthless vibration level defeats the purpose.  "All" products should have the ability to set the vibration level.  I see other models have this fix why would you not do the others.  I went to this model so I could better see the time.  Now I have to return it because of the vibration level.  Not sure my next purchase will be a fitbit as the other options for large displays do way more than I need and cost to much.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

sharon2404
First Steps

I would like to suggest to make the vibration on the Inspire HR stronger. I have it set up for notifications and can barely feel it. I mostly hear it (which is sort of not the point). It has no chance of ever waking me up.

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Thanks for your suggestion @sharon2404.

I moved your idea to this thread to keep the Feature Suggestion board more organized. For information about this request please check out the moderator's response above.

BunnySAC
First Steps

Could you please have an option to increase the sensitivity of the vibrate on the Fitbit HR Inspire.  I was really looking forward to using the reminder to move when I bought it, but even though it is turned on the vibrate is so weak I can barely feel it if I am expecting it.  Also it would be nice to always tell how many more steps are needed to get to the 250.  My husband said on his Fitbit that it sometimes tells him and other times doesn’t.  I am really looking forward to the day where I can actually feel it enough to remind me at all.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.