Need a clock face with seconds Inspire HR

I just bought an Inspire HR to replace my aging Alta - but there's no clock face with a seconds display! I'm a pretty intense home cook & I used the seconds display on my Alta a LOT - would LOVE to have this option on my Inspire. This probably isn't a tough thing to program - pls consider this asap! Thx!

Moderator Edition: Updatet title for clarity

103 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing @Suzzyr. We look forward to hearing what other community members think! Woman Wink

simulator
First Steps

An update of the Stats Heavy, might prove date and second.  

TI:ME

Seconds

Date

just a suggestion.

simulator
First Steps

Is there a method or programing language that makes a clock face.  Where can I find a development environment and other development information.

OnyxPanthyr
First Steps

I just bought the lilac Inspire HR coming from a Charge HR.  I was definitely disappointed to not have a clock face with a seconds display as well.  The Inspire definitely needs a seconds option as I always use it.

I love Simulator's suggestion of

@Simulator wrote:

Seconds

Date

I'd also like to see a version like:

TI

ME

Seconds

Status changed to: Under Consideration
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration. Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

simulator
First Steps

You could spread out your development to your community, you might just find some tech types out here.  What development systems are used to develop displays?  How are they packaged for down load to the watch?

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

OnyxPanthyr
First Steps

Thanks for the news, Yojana. 🙂

Could you also pass along another related suggestion that seconds could be added to some current clock faces?

For example, I love the Valerie face. You know when you tap it, it changes between heart rate -> calories -> steps? Perhaps seconds can be added to the rotation for watch faces that rotate like that.

I'd like to see user created faces too for those with the talent to make and/or modify them.

peipei
First Steps

Would love to have Seconds as a tap-through option on the clock faces!!!

simulator
First Steps

Tap through would work for me also.

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

HappyJuliexo
Jogger

I want to purchase the inspire HR, but for it to replace my watch I'd need the seconds to display on the screen. 

As I work into healthcare I need the seconds displayed to mesure the hearth rate and respiratory rate of my patients. 

Thank you for considering this feature !

HD47
First Steps

Seconds would be great, however they would also need to do something about the screen timeout first as it's currently approx. 3 seconds.

Monitoring seconds would be useless if screen craps out. Here's my Vote for user customization on screen timeout, seconds & customizable faces!

Leoki
First Steps

Would love this feature. Useful for nurses counting pulse rates on patients!

candicenos
First Steps

I also use seconds for precisely timing tasks in the hospital setting. I would definitely use that feature! 

Thank you!

Astronaut27
First Steps

I would love to have a second display for nursing!!! 

evancuster
Jogger

I too was very disappointed when the watch face did not provide a choice to show seconds.  I used the face with hour:minutes:seconds on Charge II all the time.  Please develop one ASAP.

HR

MIN

date

SEC

Naj28
First Steps

I teach high school, and I teach bell to bell. The seconds option makes that easier to do so. I'm ready to replace my Alta, but won't until this clock face is available on all Inspire models.

Clock face could be the same as available on the Alta ...

HR

MIN

SEC

MaHoney10
First Steps

I am an Emergency RN in a busy city and absolutely NEED the seconds on the clock face. 

I had been using, and loving, the charge (that has a seconds feature) for years but recently started swimming again and hated taking off the charge every time I wanted to go in the water. I switched to the Inspire HR because of the waterproof feature but now I have to take off that one every time I go to work. 

Simple fix would be to add a clock face with a seconds feature. 

seconds

date

I am sure that I speak for all healthcare professionals when I say that it is a needed and wanted feature.

thanks

FLNurseAmy
First Steps

I am a home health nurse and need to monitor my patients' heart rates. When will you have a clock face with a second hand?

MochaJava
Jogger

I am a java developer and would love to implement some new clock faces for the Insipre, including one with seconds and one that displays sideways. Please open the SDK so I can rock it!

OhToBeFit
First Steps

Hello!

I am among the many people who miss having seconds on a clock face.  I also can never remember the day of the week, and having the day of the week is really important to me.

I have been in the FitBit Family a while now, going through a couple of Charges, An Alta and Alta HR, and now an Inspire HR, plus my ever faithful Aria scale.  I was very disappointed to lose day of the week moving from the Alta to the Inspire, which I bought for water resistance for kayaking, swimming and snorkeling.

i have read and very much support all of the comments requesting seconds on the Inspire and Inspire HR.  I especially feel for all the nurses requests.  But many others need this as well, including cooks, crafters, coaches, teachers, moms, racers, and engineers such as myself.

A Tap-Through would be fine for me, I really don’t need the month.  Most people can remember the month.  I personally think day and date are much more useful.

If I had my wishes, the clock face would look like:

HR:MN

sec

day

date

i hope you will take time to consider a seconds and day of the week upgrade to the Inspire and Inspire HR soon.  Cute animal clock faces (I counted five!) have their place, as does repetitive tweaking (8 faces that are basically the numeric values for hour over minutes), but I feel you need to have the basic features of a good watch covered in at least one or two clock face designs for those who need them.

Thank you in advance for your consideration!

Best regards,

OhToBeFit

amycw24
First Steps

LOVE! @simulator 's sugestion

Seconds

Date

Just got an inspire and not having seconds is the most disappointing thing about it. Hoping that will change soon!

LynnMarie57
First Steps

Need seconds, YES!  I am a doctor and without this I cannot take a patients pulse. 

hannatrann
First Steps

I would love to have this feature! Hope this goes through as it would help since I'm a nursing student. 

simulator
First Steps
Thank you for your email.

Yours in Christ,
Bill Talbot
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Yes! I need a clock face with seconds please! I just received the inspire hr in the mail today! I bought the inspire over another brand, because a listed feature was the ability to change the clock face. I thought at least one would have seconds (either digital or analog will do) but to my extreme disappointment it does not! I'm a nurse and need to check my patients pulse, so I will have to wear my standard watch with the Inspire to do that. There are 5 clock faces with little animals, which are cute, but not useful. A scroll option would be just fine as long as the screen could stay on for one minute.

Thanks for the consideration! It would be a blessing to many people! 

God bless!

Casey

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.