Support DD/MM date format on Charge 5

The new Charge 5 only has an American date format when set to an English speaking country, despite having an English date format for many non-English speaking countries. Please change the date format for the UK to DD/MM.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

283 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @correctthedate, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about supporting the DD/MM date format on Charge 5 with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

DanAtkinsonUK
First Steps

A pretty essential feature… in the U.K. we don’t use American date format. Can’t be a difficult think to sort in a quick update. I assume it’s just a teething problem but makes Apple Watch feel more compelling!

nickboaar
Recovery Runner

I had a similar problem, but after the update everything was fine

correctthedate
Keeping Pace

Hi Nickboaar

How do I find the update? When I messaged the Facebook page a couple of days ago they said it wasn’t a current feature, and to suggest it on here. Thanks

Kiwit22
Jogger

The advertising for it in the UK is showing it as DD/MM format so confused* why it is not available.

Can't see it being fixed anytime soon as a search of the Fitbit Community shows this to be a recurring problem with most of their watches.

*really annoyed

k-e
Recovery Runner

And for Canada! 

chadz75
Jogger

I am also so annoyed. In Australia the glossy packaging, online adverts and even my Dashboard entry screen show the Continuum clock face displaying a DD/MMM format - i.e. "23 Oct" instead of 10/23. Examples are here also here and a third is online here there are dozens more. 

I have been trying to find this setting in the app and web dashboard for two hours only to learn it isn't available? Despite being shown on the box and ALL adverts as "23 Oct" I can only see the much lesser used US setting so today is "10/01" instead of "01 Oct". 

This has to be fixed as an absolute priority - it's enough to make me want to take it back. The Continuum face is the best, I love the Charge 5. This annoyance is enough to seek a refund - it is not meeting the options shown on the packaging alone, let alone advertising and pretty much every retail outlet I have found so far.
Please fix asap.

Kiwit22
Jogger

I agree Chad75. I've had a Fitbit from nearly the beginning but this might be it for me. The arrogance that we have to suggest a basic function for most of the English speaking world as a "feature". Confirms my suspicion that they don't have much diversity in their product design or quality control.

I should add that there are now a whole THREE clock faces available in the correct format but 

a) they're hard to read with my aging eyes

b) not the ones I want to use

c) don't fix the date format elsewhere

jwsswain
First Steps

It is absurd that there is no standard DDMM option and, given the use of images to suggest it is, bordering on misleading advertising. 

How on earth is this not standard as an option? 

Thurnbyhelen
Recovery Runner

Agreed - I prefer the continum clock face of them all to track vs targets - but the US date format is totally confusing.  '04 Oct' would be ideal - but as a minimum swapping the month and day around would help loads to DD/MM

And now I see it adversised as linked above I realise it's the same in the UK as shown here.  This is where I bought mine: https://www.johnlewis.com/fitbit-charge-5-health-and-fitness-tracker/p5753105

- that's even misleading advertising at the moment!

fionac
Tempo Runner

Totally agree.

There are some clock faces that have it the right way round, but they're not faces that I particularly like so I'm stuck with a date format that I don't like. 

RainbowNZ
First Steps

this is an issue here in New Zealand also 🙂

Rover999
Recovery Runner

Completely agree with all comments here. Fitbit have been misleading in their advertising and packaging in that the Continuum clockface (my preferred). Is only available with American date format i.e “10/05” for the 5 Oct and yet the format shown on the box that the Charge 5 came in shows “23 Oct”, i.e the date format used “Universally” and not one of “10/23” mainly used by the Americans!!  Come on Fitbit, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE  put this right!

Peter-C
Jogger

Agree with all the comments here, after upgrading from a Charge 3 to find most clock faces suck and the only decent one, Continuum being US only date format is laughable. Fifth iteration of the Charge and Fitbit still don't know who their market is!

chadz75
Jogger

Seem to be hearing crickets from Fitbit on this really logical, simple fix to a basic error. Seriously, it'd take a developer 4 minutes to add this DDMM or DDMMM function to the Continuum program and another 45 seconds to upload it as a new clock face to the platform and make it live. What is taking so long? 

plswales
First Steps

Hope you can solve the date issue

Vcas
Jogger

Please fix this, the advertising materials have this correct.

TonyT46
Jogger

It's an issue here in Australia too

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

+1 from Europe - DD/MM is the default here and MM/DD will cause massive confusion. 

Bellzangel
First Steps

Absolutely agree, only a choice of 3 faces of which the layouts are awful is a major fail in my opinion.  Should be a pretty easy fix.

PhilH_Syd
First Steps

I found a thread going back almost 3-years asking for this to be fixed.  It's incredible in what is supposed to be an international product.

tribpot
First Steps

Another request for this feature from the UK please.  

dkr24356
First Steps

Wow, what an absolute joke. A pathetic response (i.e. non-existent) from fitbit also. To not only not have a DD/MM date format option on the standard clock face, but can't even make available the DD MMM format shown in their own product advertising is laughable.

This shouldn't be a feature request, it's a bug fix. And it has been an issue for a month since launch and still hasn't been resolved.

Along with the fact FitBit (a Google owned company for almost a year now), doesn't sync automatically with Google Fit, I'm giving this device a week, and if this isn't fixed, it'll be returned, and I'd suggest everyone else that lives outside the US consider the same. Will go back to my Garmin Vivosmart4.

Phil_M
Recovery Runner

Is this for real? The arrogance of a US company to be selling this product around the world and then insisting that people use the date format that only makes sense to **ahem**s. MM/DD/YY is the most idiotic and counterintuitive way of representing a date that anybody could dream up. Trying to enforce the rest of the world to use it is imperialism at its worst. Asking for it to be corrected being turned into a "feature request" is Orwellian.

I was about to lay down a few hundred bucks for this, glad I looked in here first!

TonyT46
Jogger
Hi,
I quite agree. I’ve been trying to get the Agenda and Weather Apps (from the Charge 4) applied to the charge 5 with no luck.

Sent from Mail for Windows
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.