Support DD/MM date format on Charge 5

The new Charge 5 only has an American date format when set to an English speaking country, despite having an English date format for many non-English speaking countries. Please change the date format for the UK to DD/MM.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

283 Comments
Pleco62
First Steps

Surely this is not still an issue in 2023? the mm/dd format is not standard in most of the English speaking world.

Rover999
Recovery Runner
Try telling an American company that - their Corporate minds are closed only to America time formats!

Kind regards,

Paul Wright
SailorGraeme
Jogger
Hi Snido81 (Jogger),

I agree that Fitbit need to be "Internationalised" but please note there
is a Gallery of different Clockfaces you can install on your Fitbit
Charge 4 or 5, several of which display the date in the format 22 SEP.

These are accessed from the Fitbit app, where you select the one you
like and it downloads and installs on your Charge 4 or 5.

For instructiomns on how to access the Fitbit Gallery and install, see
the following link...

https://help.fitbit.com/manuals/charge_5/Content/manuals/html/Apps%20and%20Clock%20Faces.htm

I hope this helps, and also that Fitbit be a bit more responsive to
their customers in future.

Regards,

SailorGraeme
iamian16
Recovery Runner
Good idea.
iamian16
Recovery Runner
I do know this. I have explored at length and none of the options include DD/MM or DD/MMM.

Why is it too much to ask that ALL clockfaces support DD/MM and/or DD/MMM? After all 96% of the world's population live outside the USA.
GilbertRyle
Jogger

Does anyone know if this continues to be a problem on the Charge 6, Pixel Watch or Versa series?

It irks me every time I look down at my Charge 4 and I don't think I'll be buying another Fitbit until it's fixed.

DrQuesh
First Steps

I think what bothers me is that, even if they had fixed the date on the charge 6, the failure to even acknowledge the issue for a huge group of customers shows a lack of commitment to support.

Who knows what the 'issue' will be with the Charge 6, but I'd they can't even be bothered to make a small software tweak to improve user experience after such vigorous feedback, I wouldn't be at all confident of them giving support or fixes to more complex issues.

Lilkc
First Steps

Come on Fitbit, you sell world wide but you Americanise everything. The rest of the world use DD/MM/YYYY.

We shouldn't have to "vote" on a standard format it should be a simple inclusion when selling outside of the USA.t

It's 2024! Please update it. Thanks

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.