Support Google Voice with notifications

Add Google Voice to the supported messaging apps on Android. Great to have options like Hangouts and Signal and Messaging, but would really like to have access to the app where I actually receive my SMS.

Moderator edit: Label & Title

56 Comments
rk1572
Jogger
My charge easily gets 6 days. I think I have everything enabled except I
never need the GPS. Everything else including sleep monitor is enabled.
Richard
rk1572
Jogger

So I can see the text message, it vibrates to alert me to an incoming call.

MonicaLBP
Recovery Runner

Vibrates for a call to your regular phone number or for Google Voice coming through your phone? I'm glad your battery lasts 6 days. Maybe it's the difference between the Sense and the model you have. I know you said what yours is in an earlier message. But I can't see all of them now LOL  I have all the basics for my watch, like the various monitors. But the bonus features, like premium music services and connection to my phone, I don't use. Occasionally I use a timer, if I'm outside without my phone.  My watch likes to light up when it's not needed. So power gets drained from the battery unnecessarily. Although it refuses to let me know when I haven't gotten steps for the hour. So I guess that's an additional battery save 😅

rk1572
Jogger

I don't use the music feature, I use google music whish is not supported.  I use my GV number, always, so I make it ring my regular numbers as there are no other legit calls coming in.  I believe I could set up "standard" replies for the text messages directly from my Charge 5.  It does give all my other information such as important emails and stuff too.  I like to be able to glance and decide it is not important right now, or maybe that it is urgent.  I hardly notice if mine lights up, I generally feel it or don't pay attention to the display, except when I want to know the time.

MonicaLBP
Recovery Runner

Hmm, I've not heard of Google Music. I use Prime Music, Spotify and Pandora. I Googled Google Music and it just says Google Play Music has been discontinued. I'm interested in this music that you're using. Will it let you post the link to it here? 

Yeah, I'm the same with my GV number. Although there are a few sites that won't accept my GV number, which is frustrating. As I see it, my cell number is subject to change. My GV number isn't. So I need to have a list of the sites that will only accept my regular cell number. Your Charge 5 must have some features that my Sense doesn't have. Maybe I'll have to look into that if I decide to get another Fitbit when my Sense dies. I'm with ya on glancing to decide if it's important or not. But I just do that with my phone. Since my watch is on my ankle, it's not as conveniently glanced 😛 And I'm sure mine lights up more often than I know. I just know that when I put it on the charger, I battle with it to stay dark. It lights up when I put on my socks, when I move in bed, when I'm just walking in the dark.... Those are the times I notice. So I have no intention of getting another Sense. It hasn't been worth the money I paid for it. 

rk1572
Jogger
I guess the current term is YouTube Music. On my phone, I type YT to get
that app as opposed to youtube.
Richard
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.