Support Google Workspace accounts to log in to Fitbit account

Right now people like myself that use a Google Workspace (so not something [at] gmail.com) account as their main account, are locked out of Fitbit "login with Google" features - and our accounts can't be migrated.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject and updated label
157 Comments
wallawallawalla
First Steps

Love how if you pay for things at Google they give you fewer features.

Hey Google, people stay in Apple's walled garden because the Apple ecosystem works well together, not because they go out of their way to break things arbitrarily. I think you may have gotten confused. It's okay though, you can just go ahead correct your mistake (and maybe fire those responsible because they are nincompoops)

evenhanded
Jogger

I've been a paid Workspace user for as long as it existed and have been a Fitbit user for more than 10 years. Now Google decides to force me to use a different Google account in order to keep using my Fitbit. That is outrageous behavior from Google. Since my 2 year old Fitbit Sense has suddenly died, it looks like it's time to find a smart watch vendor with some commitment to happy customers.

jhoff909
Recovery Runner
I have been prompted to move my login from a fitbit account to a google one. I use a google workspace for my family's e-mail and we all have google workspace accounts there and all use fitbits and none of us can move our fitbit logins to our workspace accounts.
Kjmoore
First Steps

This new sleep display is awful and has me considering a Garmin! 

jhoff909
Recovery Runner

Lol although not sure I like it either, totally unrelated to the post

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @jhoff909, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about supporting Google workspace accounts for log in with us. I noticed this product feedback was already requested on this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

jhoff909
Recovery Runner

@LizzyFitbit Thanks for taking the time to respond but how about giving a timeframe when this will be implemented? This is clearly a feature that lots of people want.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.