Sync with stair climber

Hello,

According to the Fitbit community, quite a few of us are having issues with the Charge 2 recording flights and/or crediting us flights of stairs when none were taken!

I believe this to be a disadvantage to those of us, selecting Stair Climber as a form of exercise, to discover our hard work has not been tracked. As of 2/5, I have a credit of 3 flights of stairs and I haven't stepped on one flight. 

My suggestion is one of two:

1.If selecting Stair climber, then remove the barometric pressure point to detect flights and just count steps or sync better with stair climber.

2. Allow us to edit the flights of stairs actually earned. Nothing saddens me more than using the stair climber at the gym to see I accomplished 50 or 100 flights and my tracker shows 0!

Thank you!

Moderator edit: added label

4 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @TishaR! Thanks for sharing those ideas.

I wanted to let you know that one of the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see it here:

Ability to edit floors climbed on the Dashboard.

You also had shared a unique suggestion, so I have retitled and relabelled your original post here to reflect that idea. Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for.

Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions!

Debbie69
Jogger

It’s not just the Charge 2 this happens to. We have a Versa and a Charge 3 - neither of those sync properly when recording the number of flights of stairs. And, yes it’s very frustrating and disaooointing if you are someone who is really using (or trying to use) this feature when you know, for sure, you’ve actually done many more than are showing. 

TishaR
First Steps

Debbie69, Thank you for providing that information. I was actually looking at upgrading my charge 2, to one of the two you mentioned.

Let's hope they/FitBit can fix this issue.

SleepyMare
Recovery Runner

Being in UK I noticed that there are zero floors recognised no matter how many times I go upstairs. I need to be able to remove it from the display.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.