Tile to Track menstrual Cycle

More of a suggestion to Fitbit than a question - it'd be really nice to have a tile that helps track menstrual cycles since they're so tied to a woman's body, weight, food cravings, mood etc.

Moderator edit: title for clarity.

265 Comments
sbug10
First Steps

Is bellabeat the only one that integrates cycle tracking directly into the app? Looking for a new tracker and not willing to spend money with Fitbit again based on their lack of response to this need. 

annahm
First Steps

this would be so so good

AyshaStrawn
First Steps

OMG I would love this. The more they add, the more I will use it for everything health related. 

Ippogrifo
First Steps

I'd like to give the same feedback. Periods strongly correlate with weight, exercise and eating patterns, and ideally I'd like to have them inside the "track my weight" section. Also, having the " add a note"  feature in every sections would help -in case we need to track other recurring health-related things.

Thanks!

BCGamerMom
First Steps

This seems like such a no brainer. 95% of the Fitbit users I know are women and we all know that our cycles seriously impact our weight, energy, heart rates, sleeping patterns so why not track it within the app? 

Kweela
Stepping Up

Yes! This is so relevant!

SBeckett
First Steps

Hi Fitbit!

I was an early Fitbit adopter - I started with the token hooked onto my bra about a hundred years ago. I see suggestions in this forum to add/integrate a menstrual tracker going back to 2014. Why hasn't this been done? The apps exist. Why is this not a priority? 

Moccasin
Recovery Runner

This feature would be a game-changer for this app. With women's menstrual cycles are weight fluctuates this can be so frustrating when trying to meet goals but they have the ability to see in track not only how it affects my weight but also my heart rate would be great please consider adding this to the app

SBeckett
First Steps
Just a heads up - the FLO App will pull in Fitbit data. It just doesn’t go the other way.

Sent from my iPhone
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

The Fitbit app is amazing it has replaced so many apps on my phone to keep track of my personal health and fitness information but what would be incredible is if I could also track my cycle through the app. I currently have to have an external app where I can log my cycle start dates, end dates, symptoms (cramps flow) etc during my cycle and it calculates my fertility window as well!

It would be great if this would be included in the Fitbit app!

Thank you!!

ems88
Jogger

This would be great, to have all this health data for women in one place. I'm really interested in how my HR goes up and down with my temperature and how this correlates with my menstrual cycle/pregnancy.

Stepppping
First Steps

Menstrual cycles are a major component in women's health.  This is something users have been asking for for years, yet it appears it's still being ignored by Fitbit developers.

KarenRaven
First Steps

I just got my Fitbit yesterday, and today I started my period! The first thing I thought of was: "I wish there was a way to track my cycle on Fitbit." Obviously, I'm not going to achieve many steps today, and I logged my weight in the setup process. I'd be happy with just a simple "red" button to indicate mentruation, but I can see a whole world of ideas in the realm of how women can still get exercise and support their bodies/health all throughout the month. Please support your customers, Fitbit!
It seems to me that, if women were in charge at Fitbit, this would have been an obvious no-brainer.  Another reason we need more women in charge! 🙂

Phaefyre
Recovery Runner

Guys - I ended up buying an app called P-Tracker.  I wish it linked with FitBit, but as this thread is many years old at this point I am thinking it isn't likely to happen 🙂

It DOES impact many things in my overall fitness... hunger, weight fluctuations, energy to exercise, mood, hydration... ok so I guess it impacts everything lol.  It's slight, but still good for me to correlate if I can't figure out why something is off... and then I realize 'oh yeah'... Anyway, it's a pretty good app that my sister recommended and I have now been using it for a couple of years (no I am not affiliated with the app in any way other than I use it).

Murf-V
Jogger

Hi Ladies,

I'm 44 and I've learned over the years that sometimes people just won't do what I ask of them - no matter how logical.  And I've also learned that often times, I can figure out another way.  Take this case... we want something added so we can track it.  They won't add it.  Now how can we possibly get around this?  This is how I did it, and you're welcome to try it until the the folks at fitbit figure it out (not before you all buy apple watches, I hope!).

When you open the app on your phone and you're logging your food, you have the option to "add a custom food".  I've used this feature to add a number of things I need to track.  BM-lg, BM-md, BM-sm... I'm sure you can figure those three out 😉  I also added ones for my mood.... Mood-even, Mood-good/happy, Mood-sad.  Also for my energy... Energy-Even, Energy-High, Energy-Low.  For my period... Flower.  For vitamins, I simply add them as well.  At the end of the day, I take a minute to "log" these using the food app (yuk for the BM ones... ha!) but it does allow me to take the fitbit reports and see trends that are happening month after month.  It has allows me to understand when my sensitive times are coming so I can tell my husband... "possibly this Wednesday or Thursday, best to just say 'Yes dear' to anything I say.  And that I will be right and you will be wrong no matter what, and you must just apologize for everything" ha!  It's probably saved my marriage and my sanity.  

As I get older I'm realizing that that tracking these things is really having a positive influence on my life.  I'm guessing the developers at Fitbit are not old enough to get this stuff yet.  Certainly, they are not women (sorry guys, no disrespect intended).  Don't worry ladies, at some point Fitbit folks will get the importance of this and they will add the tile (more than one, I hope).  Until then, never fear, we are women and we can work our way around anything.  Now go get 'em! 

Murf

Ardilla
Stepping Up

This is such a huge factor to my health. It affects my weight, mood, appetite, energy levels, sleep, pretty much everything else that I use my Fitbit to track, so I would love it if Fitbit included this. Could be an optional tile where you say when you start your period, and when you stop, and after a few months it could predict roughly where in your cycle you were, and send a notification the day before it thinks you're due. 

Ardilla
Stepping Up

I see this was suggested years ago (https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Tile-to-Track-menstrual-Cycle/idi-p/130003) and at the time of writing has 797 up votes, and yet there's no sign yet that it's being worked on? Can Fitbit please recognise the needs of their users that menstruate? 

lsmoye
First Steps

This was suggested YEARS ago, and nothing has been changed... why not? Menstrual cycles are a part of women's health and I am very disappointed that my Charge 2, which I just purchased, does not even include a tile for tracking my menstrual cycle. 

48jen48
Jogger

I think that a period tracker would be a useful tool for the fitbit app. It would mean that I could track everything in one place and help give insights on cravings and unexplained Weight gain.

knitonepugtwo
Recovery Runner

Would love to be able to track my period and compare it to my weight and diet! Such a large part of a woman's health and fluctuations in mood/desire to exercise.

knitonepugtwo
Recovery Runner

I chatted with Fitbit Support on Twitter a bit. Supposedly the period tracker is in amongst other ideas to be developed. They sent me this link:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/idb-p/features/idb-p/feature

but didn't answer if there were any female developers on the team 😉

Psychopunkchick
First Steps

Hi!! With the next app could you consider a female period tracker like the glow app. It tells you when you will start and windows of fertility. That type of thing. I know it's very gender related but women suffering from fertility problems rely on these apps very heavily.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarreFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Status changed to: Third-Party App
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Page75 and commenters, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re excited to let you know that this Feature Suggestion has been developed by a third party developer, and can be downloaded from the Fitbit App Gallery available on Fitbit Smartwatches. You’ll find it by selecting your connected Smartwatch (such as Fitbit Ionic) in the Fitbit app, then choosing the ‘Apps’ tile and toggling to ‘All Apps’ at the top of the screen. You can then explore third party apps by category and choose your favorite of the relevant options available. Happy exploring!

Please note that if you have feedback or a suggestion for the third party app, you can contact the developer directly (if they have shared their contact details publicly). Open their app in the Fitbit App Gallery and you’ll find their contact details under ‘app details’ or ‘clock face details’. Thanks.

LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, I try not to avoid referencing the exact app in the universal update as apps can be changed by third parties, but the app I'm referencing to here is called 'Clue', which is a "period tracker and ovulation app that uses science and data to help you discover the unique patterns in your menstrual cycle. Use Clue to remind you about your period, PMS, ovulation and fertility". You can find it under the health and fitness section of apps. Thanks

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.