Track Mindfulness as a shortcut on "Exercise App" from device

In addition to being able to manually log a mindfulness session, I want device shortcut (just like exercise) to start tracking a practice session, to record time and heart rate. I sometimes count it as yoga, just to get the readings, but then it does not go in the mindfulness section as far as days practiced, and distorts my exercise days.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

6 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @busrij, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding Track Mindfulness as a shortcut on "Exercise App" from Fitbit devices. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

DPinOz
Base Runner
On Fitbit Charge 5 (and other devices) could you please add Meditation?
This way you could track your meditation sessions both with times, and physiological effects such as pulse rate.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @DPinOz, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding Mindfulness as a shortcut on Fitbit devices. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

sc1guy
Jogger

Would be amazing for this feature to track heart rate and HRV during a meditation. A competing product, Oura ring, does this and it's very helpful.

sandogger1977
First Steps
Consider adding "meditation" to the available exercises. I meditate daily and it shows as a period of inactivity. Or at least give the option to manually enter it into the app.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @sandogger1977, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about adding Meditation to the Exercise app with us. I noticed a similar product feedback already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.