Track body response to COVID-19 vaccine

Allow users to enter the brand, the date, and time for when they've received the first and second doses of the COVID-19 vaccine. Allow this to generate a report for the user regarding their overall reaction from a Fitbit monitoring standpoint. Also, report this data to Fitbit, CDC, and WHO.
6 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Zevilgenius, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to track your body response to Covid-19 vaccines with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Morgansmith
Stepping Up

Hi! I am a Healthcare provider so I got my shot in January. We all signed up for the V Safe program to fill out info about out well being for 2 months. Maybe u can look on the V Safe site and start there? But yea it would be easier and more accessible on fitbit.  

Zevilgenius
First Steps

Hi,

Yes, I signed up for v-safe immediately after getting my first shot. The reason for my suggestion is that v-safe is subjective. I felt perfectly fine except for the sore arm, but my Fitbit data showed a spike in my skin temp that I've only ever seen when sick. That was my inspiration for this suggestion, to collect that kind of data outside of what a person thinks they feel. I feel like it could prove valuable. In fact, I think the same suggestion would be useful for any vaccine, not just those for covid, but since covid is what's on our minds today, I focused on those vaccines specifically.

bomoh
Stepping Up

AZ vaccine  19/5/2021 4pm 1st shot  fitbit charge 3

Date                                  18/19/20/21

resting heart rate                64/65/68/68

Breathing heart rate           14/14/18/14

HRV                                   26/26/10/26

skin temp                            0.1/0.1/2.1/0

SpO2                                   94/93/92/91

I would say I have a moderate side effect on the 1st dose of the vaccine, feeling like brain is exploding and feeling feverish 

gmphap1
Jogger
With many of us getting Covid-19 vaccines, and even before that, flu or other vaccines, it would be great to have a way to indicate in your Fitbit data, hey, Fitbit, I just got my Moderna booster at 4:55pm today. Then, both for us, or internally for Fitbit research or other opportunities, we can see how our body is reacting.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @gmphap1, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to track body response to COVID-19 vaccine. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.