Track exercise from VR gaming

I think it would be nice to have a setting for VR gaming when tracking exercise. Currently fitbit auto recognizes it as either sport, elliptical, or aerobic exercise.

There are studies done on VR and exercise by the VR Institute of Health and Exercise. They have even created their own exercise tracker app that takes data from fitness trackers with heart rate. However, their app is not compatible with the fitbit.

There is a large community interested in this feature.

9 Comments
Status changed to: Third-Party App
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @robocat. Thanks for sharing this great idea and explaining why you'd like to have a setting to track exercise from VR gaming. We’re excited to let you know that this Feature Suggestion has been developed by a third party developer, and can be downloaded from the Fitbit App Gallery available on Fitbit Smartwatches. You’ll find the Fitbit App Gallery by opening the Fitbit app, tapping on your profile's icon > Smartwatch image > Apps > All Apps and search for VR Workout by Yuriy Galanter. Happy exploring!

Please note that if you have feedback for the third party app, you can contact the developer directly by opening their app in the Fitbit App Gallery, finding their contact details (if they have shared them publicly) under ‘app details’ or ‘clock face details’. Thanks.

Tigrexify
First Steps
Hello,
I am a new user on the versa 2 and I am mostly using it while playing VR games like Beatsaber or Synthriders. So far I have always used the workout exercise but since you mostly use your arms my step counter is unrealisticly high. This could be fixed by making a new Exercise called VR that does not track steps.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Tigrexify. Thanks for sharing this idea about having a setting to track your exercise while playing VR games. this suggestion was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized. Keep adding your suggestions!

CoreyF
First Steps

It would be nice if this was available for all fitbits as a standard feature.  The app is not compatible with the Charge 4. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I only use PC VR games for exercise power beats VR is one of the best for full body work out so it would be nice if it / VR exercise was added to fitbit exercise on our watches. Many people use VR as a way to exercise and it is a proven way to lose weight and or get into shape. Its 2020 not 1987 lol things change and many people now use VR games as a workout method as it works and way more fun then other workout methods listed on my Fitbit sense.

Simsek
Jogger

I’ve been using VR workouts for 2 years now and while my Inspire does its best to track my heartrate during that hour or so, there is no VR setting.  Since I am lunging, squatting, twisting, boxing and/or vigorously using my arms but *not* running I am not sure that the other metrics are accurate.   It would be great if you could include VR workout as an option. Thanks in advance!

taurussy
First Steps

I really want to buy a vr helmet for games, because it seems to me that this is an amazing technology. At the moment, I don’t have extra money, since I spent a significant part of my savings on cs go skins here https://dmarket.com/csgo-skins/product-card/usp-s-neo-noir. I also bought a usp s neo noir skin, but I don’t feel sorry for the money at all, since I dreamed about this skin for a long time.

Louiseann
Recovery Runner

It’s benign asked for for 4 years now. It would be great if you could just do it

PurpleCatMeeple
Stepping Up

Unfortunately, the 3rd party VR Workout app isn't available for the Charge 5, only on the Smart Watches. It would be nice to have a standard "Activity" for VR fitness or sync to another app that does it (for free).

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.