Turn off quick view when I'm sleeping (or at customizable times) aka 'Night Mode'

I love the quick view feature however when I'm sleeping I tend to wave my arms around which activates the display which sometimes wakes me up, especially if my wrist is close to my face.

My fitbit knows when I'm sleeping as it tracks my sleep so how about having the capability to disable quick view automatically whilst I'm sleeping, in fact don't even have it as a selectable option just don't trigger quick view when my fitbit knows I'm sleeping.

Moderator Edit: Edited suggestion title.

1,420 Comments
Acrop
First Steps

Agreed.  This is a crazy oversight in the UX development.  Need a reprogramming to have a lights off/dim mode that is programmable so that when sleep goals are set it gets turned on and can also be turned on for movies or dark work.  Also, the blue white light of the unit is bad for melatonin production cycles, seems to me that the LEDs used in the display should have a sleeper friendly option like amber or red for evening hours.  Please fix what can be fixed with programming, and look to fix colors of LED lights built I to the hardware w future gens of the device.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I agree, my Charge 2 lights up every time I adjust my blankets at night.  I would like a feature that I can set, for example "don't raise to wake from X:00pm to X:00am" but I would also like the fitbit to not light up or send any push notifications (alarms exempted) when the fitbit knows I'm asleep.  I don't want a random text vibration waking me during a nap.

njohan81
Jogger

Very good feuture!

• Dim the light on night because its like whatching against a flash light in bed when the clock turns on in some "sleep-move".
  • And also to have a "flash-light" when you walk on night from bed in dark... 5taps (or whatever) turns the clock all white, and you have a good light to walk in the dark, or??? 

Anyhow...prio to have a dimmed mode on night time on the clock.

Emile35
Stepping Up

I agree.

Gnutz
First Steps

I agree.

Gnutz
First Steps

I agree, I got my Blaze this week and it's woken me up twice when my arm is by my face. Sleep mode would be nice.

Also the tourch/face light for longer would be a great feature, I get up to feed my cat around 6am and I've tapped the side buttons on several times to use the face as a light to save me turning any lights on and disrupting my sleep... but it doesn't stay on long enough.

ALK94
First Steps

For the charge 2. The brightness of the screen is annoying in the middle of the night when you check to see the time. Maybe you could find a way to allow one push of the button to decrease the brightness at night time 

marares
Jogger

I'm using a piece of silver tape to cover the display. Yes. It's ridiculous.

It also makes me think if all the reviews Fitbit charge 2 had were not bought. No one mentioned this so very annoying problem, it doesn't make sense.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I'd prefer to be able to schedule it. I toss and turn a lot so just having the light off when I am asleep isn't good enough.  I have a Charge.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

People have been asking for an easy way to turn off or down the light at night for at least 2 years and FitBit has been ignoring all the requests. Really not impressed.

redhillmike
Recovery Runner
I agree. Fitbit, is there anyone reading this from your end? Why can Garmin
make it right? We are your customers and we believe you can nail it.
Samurai53
First Steps

I would also like to be able to decrease the brightness of my Charge 2 when I'm at the movies.  It's very distracting.

Adamobcn
First Steps

+1

This topic is opened for more than 18 months and seeing all the comments, this new feature will be very helpful for lots of owners of a fitbit. Automatic, scheduled or both will be a great improvement.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new release and check if it's included. 

Owner of a charge2. 

scotcitz
First Steps

I agree. I've resorted to cutting a sock in half and using the top half as a sort of wrist cuff. But it's not that comfortable. And I agree with others that I don't want to take it off because the main reason I have it is to track heart rate as I have afib (I know it's not a medical device but this is a useful way to see if I need to get on the cardio monitor again). 

BethAnne01
First Steps

I've been turning off my quick view manually at bed time, but ideally would not have to do this daily and could just set a 'do not disturb' schedule.

htodd
Jogger

I would agree with the previous posters, the Quick View needs to be able to be disabled at night.  I just changed from a Charge HR to a Charge HR 2.  Never had this issue with my Charge HR, as I could disable it.  However with the Charge HR 2 I can't disable the screen from lighting up with arm movements. 

It would be great to see this change soon, since it has been asked for, for over a year.

danceralison
First Steps

Yes yes yes. I would love to use the wrist-flick feature but I hate that it wakes me and my partner.  Please allow a black-out period so I can use it during the day and have it turn off automatically at night. A softer led display at night would also be terrific. The heart rate monitor doesn't really bother me -- it's on my wrist and rarely moves that much. 

TinaHaapala
First Steps

I know I can turn the "quick view" on and off, but since I want it on when I wake up and off when I go to bed, it would be nice if I could schedule that or have the option to have daytime quick view only.

Me.lissa12
First Steps

I think it would be great if when my phone is in sleep mode then the quick view is automatically disabled. It would be just like putting my fitbit in "do not disturb mode" - Thanks for listening!

Chelsea-Anne
First Steps

I literally just came on today to request the exact same thing! I think it would be good just to have a small switch to change it to "sleep mode" where movements of the wrist do not make the screen light up and notifications are also inhibited until the switch is turned back to normal. This would improve sleep and also keep the light from coming on when in another dark environment such as a movie theatre. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I wonder if anyone but us is listening to these complaints?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
scotcitz
First Steps

I hope so. It's a pretty big flaw in the product and makes me wonder how much field research there was before rolling this out ... I think a lot of people don't sleep in them (it would be interesting to see) but they are certainly not encouraging people to sleep in it because this is a big problem (and I am a very sound sleeper -- it even wakes me up, it's like a strobe in a dark room). I think they should assign a few FitBit designers to sleep with it on LOL.

MooseyG
Jogger

Hi, I have a Charge 2. If the screen was lit up red and not as bright at night during the sleep hours we set as our goal that would make it way better for our night vision and it would not disturb those around us as much.

Thank you.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I agree. Need to sleep with it have afib dr wants to keep handle on heart rate but have not had a straight nights sleep since I got it. Wonder if the designers did try it before marketing it.

Sent from my iPad
KAF454
Jogger

Shouldn't be difficult to have the software turn Quick View off and on in conjunction with the sleep period you set in your sleep goal. I wind down at 9:30p and get up at 6:00a or so and entered those times in my settings. Quick View could be switched off/on based on those times.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.