Turn off quick view when I'm sleeping (or at customizable times) aka 'Night Mode'

I love the quick view feature however when I'm sleeping I tend to wave my arms around which activates the display which sometimes wakes me up, especially if my wrist is close to my face.

My fitbit knows when I'm sleeping as it tracks my sleep so how about having the capability to disable quick view automatically whilst I'm sleeping, in fact don't even have it as a selectable option just don't trigger quick view when my fitbit knows I'm sleeping.

Moderator Edit: Edited suggestion title.

1,420 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
DerrickS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

@pclement5 I like this idea a lot. Most Fitbit trackers are able to auto-detect when you are sleeping and we definitely don't want your tracker to wake you up unexpectedly.

Thanks for sharing your idea on the Feature Request Board! I'll be sure to review this idea with the rest of our team.

mws4ua
First Steps

I had this idea and thought I was brilliant... I tweet to Fitbit and their response is to add my voice to this thread.  The idea is still brilliant, but I suppose I'm not as original as I thought.

If I had to choose, I'd rather have an option to pre-set times when the feature would turn off at night and turn back on in the morning.  My second choice would be for it to turn off automatically when it senses that I'm asleep.

Manually turning it off each night isn't a great work-around.

Markh80
First Steps
Can you have a setting that allows quick view to auto turn off when in sleep mode been waking my wife up when I turn over and my Fitbit Charge lights up to show the time.

Love the Quick View feature just don't need it when I am asleep!

Thanks
Nursali
First Steps
I would also like an option to disable/enable the quick view feature whenever i need to. Not just when I'm sleeping. Being able to set the predetermined times would be great!
Michael
5K Racer

Even if it doesn't know if we are asleep at least give us the option to disable Quick View between a set of hours. (So for example: 11:00 PM to 6:00 AM)

Gussey
First Steps
I need this too. I end up taking it off while putting toddler to sleep then I forget it in baby's room. I take it off at night bc it will light up in my face and wake me up.
mbrett
Tempo Runner

I love the 'Quick View' functionality, but would like the ability to schedule when it is enabled and disabled through the day to conserve battery power.

For example, I don't need it enabled when I know I'm going to be asleep and wiuld like it disabled on work days when I am wearing a long sleeved shirt so it doesn't acrivate every time I raise my arm as it is shaded by my shirt sleeve.

mbrett
Tempo Runner

Switching 'Quick View' off automarically when the Surge automatically switches to sleep tracking to save false triggering on restless nights and therefor saving batter.

b_weaver
First Steps

I'd like the ability to prevent the display from turning on from start time xx:xx to end time xx:xx or for a set number of hours.

I've found that while sleeping I tend to reposition my arm in ways that make the display activate and many times the light is directed toward my face/eyes and I wake up from it (or in part from it).

jesseguz
First Steps

+1 for a simple do not disturb on the app side that locks out this feature during a specific time window. 

This is obviously easier than using the auto-sleep detection as it doesn't require any algorithms. 

Calgore
First Steps
Was wondering if there is a plan that you can make it so the backlight would only turn on if you press one of the action buttons, and not the screen of the surge. I find that when I have the backlight option on it can wake me or my girlfriend up while sleeping as something slightly touches the screen and in the middle of the night can be quite blinding.
Elizabetsy
First Steps
Yes, please turn off Quick view at night or a setting where we can choose the hours. It is really annoying at night and it scares my pets. Really. Thank you!
angela17
Jogger
Amen. Or at least dim the screen.
SquireHook
First Steps

It would be nice if you could set a schedule on when the auto dispaly of the clock is active or have it turn off during sleep mode. I find that it activates during the night and sometimes wakes me up.

Moderator edit: added labels

Bamodeo
Recovery Runner
Please add the ability to set a nightime/do not display status that would prevent the display from coming on while moving in your sleep or at a movie etc.
Hicksy
Jogger
We need to be able to set specific times for quick view to be disabled, trying to get to sleep is hard enough without having my FitBit light up and disturb me.
Diane65
Recovery Runner

think this is a great idea to be able to disable the feature but also it automatically turn off while in sleep mode

Tarsha8nz
Jogger

Hi all. I love Quick View during the day, but night's kind of freaky!!! It also wakes up anyone else in the room.

Jazz79
Jogger
I fully agree. Please disable while sleeping !
vinoskey
First Steps

Yes, ability to set quick view off hours, plus auto-off when sleep detected - thanks!

Tarsha8nz
Jogger

So I have a question... I noticed about 4 - 6 weeks ago that my Charge battery life is getting shorter.  It had been going for 7 days and is now lasting for around 5 days. I don't use any of the alarms or other functions, so is this normal or is it because of the Quick View feature?

happywife
Jogger

I am a very restless sleeper and the Quick View at night is driving me nuts. I have enough problems sleeping without this bright light waking me up too. I switch it to  clock face off at night but it doesn't seem to make any difference!

gonzodive
Jogger

Please, please, please disable when I'm sleeping.  As I am fairly restless (and I already knew that) it turns on 6-8 times per night.  It also turns on many times during the day, which is definitely using the battery faster, but I don't mind because the feature is great when I want to use it.  I don't mind charging a little more often for this feature, just make it go away at night!

Schwiggs
First Steps

I'd also vote for quck view shut off during sleep, but I'd go one step further on the Charge HR and have it shut off the HR as well.  At least for most of the night.  Maybe have it turn on for the 30 minutes before the alarm is set to get a good resting HR.  

helenp_98
Base Runner

i agree with the other comments on this. i would like to see a way to not have quick view sensitivity at night. maybe another setting to turn off between the hours of x and y.

Thank you.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.