Tweak the Macros App to reflect portion size in the carbs/fats/protein percentages

I am diabetic which I have successfully controlled with diet and exercise (thanks Fitbit!). Now I am registering high cholesterol. I love that I can track my macros on my Charge 3, but it needs an update. When I use a previously posted item, but only consume a partial amount of the posted item, the tracker does the calculations for the calories, but doesn't adjust the other nutritional information. It is such a pain in the butt to have to input a new item every time I have a different portion size just to get the macros right and it seems like it should be an easy fix from the programming standpoint since it already apportions the calories correctly. The same formulas could easily be applied to the rest of the nutritional information (especially the carbs and fats) in my humble opinion. 🙂 I would absolutely love it!

Moderator edit: Labels

9 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hello @hugs4me78.

Thanks for sharing your idea with us. I absolutely understand that having the information match the portions that you consumed could make it much easier to track your nutrition.

Let's see what other users have  to say about it.

Lacyrose
First Steps

This has been a huge issue with my eating lifestyle. I have been trying to follow a eating plan that only includes 50 net carbs a day. This is difficult to calculate when I eat less than a serving size but the nutritional information does not calculate the change. 

Please help us out!

hugs4me78
Jogger
Agreed!  Please help!
M1n1cuddles
First Steps

I really like the wheel indicator of the percent of carbs, fat, and protein that I've eaten in a day.  I find it very useful.  What I would like to see is the ability to see it for each individual item I add to my food log so that I can see if something I have eaten in the past will fit within my goals for a specific day. 

For example, I am really high on my carb intake and really low on my protein intake for today.  I am trying to see if an item I ate yesterday will increase my carb intake or if it will not impact it much, if at all.  I find it very "clunky" to have to delete everything I have eaten in a day to add one thing to see the wheel and then delete that to put everything back on.  I like the wheel indicator because I have a hard time equating the calories or grams/serving into percentages.  

If anyone knows where to find that, I would appreciate a quick message so I can find it.  

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @M1n1cuddles! Great suggestion, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on the Fitbit app. I've moved it into a similar suggestion. Hopefully we will have support from other users since more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains.

mgan
First Steps
I'd like the macros to change when I change the amount of food I'm eating. Ex. I log half a serving of yogurt and the protein count in the app still counts this as a full serving - I'd like it to only count the half serving I logged.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @mgan, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to tweak the Macros App to reflect portion size in the carbs/fats/protein percentages. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Sturner7
First Steps

I had assumed that  the macros changed with the portion size and have only just realised this isn't the case. This is extremely frustrating as I now know I have totally inaccurate information for the last few months and now need to input various 'portion' sizes for accurate results. What a waste of my time! If it recalculated calories it can't be difficult to make it recalculate macros as well!!! 

jjguice
Recovery Runner

This is a necessity for me.  I haven't logged food for a long time since this feature is not available.  I can't log food from my Versa 3 watch either.  When I was walking or not near my phone, I forgot to log food because I didn't log many of food items I had that day. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.