New Simple, Long Battery Life, Clip Fitbit

If we are trying to get people moving than Fitbit needs a Back to Basics model. The elderly or those who don't want to track sleep, heartbeat, gps, music and that sort of thing really need a quality basic model. This model should have Clip, lanyard option and the hook up for the bands. The step count accuracy of "Fitbit One" was very high. It has been my favorite out of all the fitness trackers I've had. I can't wear bands on my wrist, I never wear bracelets or watches. Those models had to be put in a pocket which was less than convenient. Here is what I am hoping for in a fitness tracker.

1.Accuracy in counting steps 2. Stair climbing counter 3. For the tracker to be small and clip comfortably to the middle of my bra. 4. estimated calorie burn 5. 2 week battery life like the fitbit One. 6. A button to click through the features quickly 7. The clip to come in various colors and at least one clip to be included with the purchase 8. a clock 9. waterproof for swimming

I also think that to improve any current models it would be amazing if we could go to our dashboard and shut off all the features we don't use to save battery life. 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

109 Comments
sjhowe
Base Runner

Could Fitbit please make a new clip-on tracker that has the floor counting feature? I have had my Fibit One for 4 years but they have since discontinued the product. There are many hikers and stair runners out there who do not want a wrist-tracker!

AuntieS
Recovery Runner

Why, why, why???? Fitbit, we want and need a clip on tacker that does everything the One did.  We want the stairs, we want the discreetness and we DO NOT want a wrist tracker.  

Rossweisse
Strider

There are many of us who cannot wear a wrist tracker (you don't make one small enough for my wrist, and those don't work with my work clothes anyway) and who want the stair counter. Bring back the One!

alinap
First Steps

I was excited that there was a new clip on option available... until I realized it doesn’t have a stair counter option! This is disappointing and as others have also mentioned, a downgrade from the One. If I wear the Inspire HR with the clip, assuming it fits, will the stairs and steps still be accurate? 

Side note (but not really), the clip should be available for free/in the package for those who do not want to wear a watch strap!

Lovestofly
Base Runner

Hi,

I agree with this thread. I LOVED my One, I have had it since 2015 and it is still running strong, but not as strong...and I know it will die soon. I have no interest in a wrist tracker; I have a watch that was gifted to me that I love, and do not feel like everybody in my life needs to know I track my steps, I also prefer my steps be tracked from my body than my wrist.

I am glad the Inspire is coming out, but also disappointed that I will have to pay extra for a clip, and that floors/stairs will not be tracked. Tracking stairs is a huge motivator for me to stay of the elevators and run up escalators instead of just standing there.

Thank you for the consideration.

sjhowe
Base Runner

@alinap I contacted Fitbit about the Inspire HR and the clip (which, yes, I agree should be free or we should at least be given the option to get the clip instead of the watch band) and they said that the Inspire HR is slightly larger than the Inspire, so it's not meant to fit in the clip. However, they said we could try but they can't guarantee that it will be secure. Regardless, neither the Inspire nor the Inspire HR have floors climbed tracking.

momtallica
Recovery Runner

Yes fitbit please add flights of stairs counting to the Inspire!  And, please include the clip with the Inspire as that is the appeal of being able to choose how to wear the device.  There are many times that one cannot wear a wrist tracker.

kemOx
Recovery Runner

Yes, please release a clip-on tracker that has at minimum the features the One had (designed as a clip-on and tracks stairs, steps, and sleep). New features would be welcome, but the minimum many people have been asking for are the features then One offered. I don’t understand why a new product would be released with fewer features, and with a clip that users must purchase on their own.

Others have outlined and summarized the many reasons we will not wear a wrist tracker. For me, I have a disability and cannot wear a wrist tracker. 

I’m not going to purchase a tracker unless it’s a clip-on and tracks steps and stairs, at the bare minimum. Please, please consider re-releasing the One, or a new tracker designed to be  clip-on, with at least those features.

BarbaraFW
Jogger

A new one would be ok if they don’t feel compelled to add features just to justify a higher price. But the old FitBit One (steps/stairs) is fine for me and the rest of my family, and we are just hoping this problem is resolved before one of ours stops working. 

1) Don’t want anything on my wrist except my watch that tells time.

2) Don’t believe a wrist tracker can accurately track steps. Clipped at the waist is ideal for me. 

3) Rechargeable.

4) Readonably priced

VERY annoyed at FitBit’s claims that they offer a FB to suit everyone. Except us and all those One users who don’t even realize yet that their device is not replaceable. 

Sunrider
Recovery Runner

While the Inspire is kind of a step in the right direction, don't advertise it as a solution for the One when the clip only fits one model and has to purchased separately.

We're interested in a TRUE replacement, preferably an upgrade, for the One.  That means:

1) Clipped to my core, not worn on the wrist - and have the clip included with the base unit

2) Rechargeable battery

3) Counts Steps/distance

4) Counts floors - needs altimeter

5) Monitors sleep

And the upgrade feature we all want

6) waterproof/swimproof

It doesn't need to have a clockface, or have an always on face because we won't be wearing it as a watch.

LosingItFast
Base Runner

Inspire is a small step in the right direction, but as mentioned, no stairs, and an extra $20 (!!!!) for the clip.  It had better be one heck of a clip that doesn't wear out or fall apart after a few months!  (I'm looking at you, clip-that-came-with-the-One!!)  

I can't and won't wear a wrist tracker, except at night. Can't stand it being in my way when I'm working. Others have a vast multitude of excellent reasons they can't, or won't, wear a wrist tracker.  

Bring back the One, either "original recipe", or upgraded to be waterproof.  

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hello @sjhowe

Thanks for taking the time to share your idea with everyone. I could definitely see a Fitbit clip device with the option to track floors being welcomed by other users.

Let's see what others have to say.

AuntieS
Recovery Runner

The moderators are just now seeing that tracking floors could be welcomed by other users?  Are they kidding???????  We have been talking about stairs for quite some time.  

maryclaire3
Runner

Fitbit, the stair climbing count is very important to me. It's a big part of my health routine and a huge part of why I love the One. I do really like that the Inspire is waterproof but it's not a replacement for the One. And charging an extra $20 for the clip... Come on, man!

momice
Strider

I want a basic clip on  step tracker that is rechargeable. I don’t need all the bells and whistles of the wrist tracker. Why, that desribes the One! 

Happy.
Recovery Runner

I'm absolutely 'happy' with the current one.  I washed and dried my daughters without even realising and its been going strong for a couple of years.  I too, won't wear a wrist tracker, and if its advertising they want from me wearing a wrist one, they'd do better to re-release the one, because most of my advertising is to people that are completely excited about not having to wear something on their wrists. Which, I have now had to stop doing.

Frankyhike
Jogger

Yes the new trackers you put out are inadequate we want a step tracker and a floor tracker that is clip on waterproof would be nice also! 

rdv.chio
First Steps

You really should look at the resale value of FitBit ones on sites like eBay (resale value is like %150-%200), I believe that is very interesting data to show that some people don't want wrist-trackers or want also a clip solution. It's disappointing that the company that spearheaded this idea of fitness trackers that are cool, now give us subpar products after having developed a really nice solution!

Lovestofly
Base Runner

So true, I was looking to replace mine on eBay, it will be like $200! Obviously, they are still in demand if they can sell them for that. I’m considering the inspire but I really want Floor counting, it really motivates me to get off the elevators and escalators!

AFitterTracy
Jogger

I feel the same as the other posts as I was looking for a replacement for my one.  I was only looking for a basic tracker that meets the following:

- Clip on 
(have a very small wrist where everything looks bulky and I do not like wearing it on my wrist in any case.  I like the discreetness and do not have to worry about it complementing the outfit)

- Has basic tracking of steps, floors, and sleep

- Is thin, so it remains discreet

- Is rechargeable 

- Lasts a long time between charges

- Displays the steps first (the main display). 

- Display with numbers big enough to see on the waist  (can be lengthwise)

- No need for a clock face, touch screen, or a display that stays on all of the time

Glendamay
Recovery Runner

Those features are what we've all been asking for. They release the inspire and called it a day. They had the perfect product with the One. Now they finally give us a clip on tracker but it is still subpar. You were so close fitbit. Don't understand why you didn't add the floors climbed feature

JEH1
Tempo Runner

Did anyone ever explain why they pulled the One? Why Fitbit can’t re-release it? Is it because there is no Heart Rate? Lots if us are Sooo grateful our Ines are still hanging in there.

JEH1

AuntieS
Recovery Runner

If they answered why they pulled the One, I never saw it.  All I have heard is "We have something for everyone".  They don't like it when we tell they that they do not.

bluepinecones
Strider

Agree with all the comments. Simply cannot understand why a perfect product like the One has been discontinued when it is so desirable by so many customers.  The newer models are inferior and  not acceptable 

LosingItFast
Base Runner

We've been told in the past that it's a marketing thing, that they're streamlining their product offering to what they believe their customers really want, or some such spin-doctor nonsense.  Makes no sense to me, especially in light of all the new models they've come out with (all wrist, except for the Inspire).  

The real fact is that they want us to be free advertising for them, by wearing their wrist trackers instead of hiding our Ones. 

Never mind the myriad reasons people have that they can't or won't wear a wrist tracker.  Never mind that it's been demonstrated, time and again, that wrist trackers are not nearly as accurate.  Never mind that there's a solid customer base that wants a REAL clip-on, with at least the functionality and features of the One. 

And, yeah, they can point to their forums, and say "Well, there's only a few of you, so we don't think there's really a market" for that kind of thing.  But they fail to recognize and understand that there's thousands of people for every one of us who don't know about and don't participate in the forums....all of them wanting a One or something at least as functional.  There's thousands who have moved on to another company because Fitbit abandoned them.  And if they say "Prove it", just point to the numbers in the other forums, and compare those numbers to their sales figures.  Does everyone who buys a Fitbit product post in the forums?  Not a chance.  1%, maybe.  

They had their free advertising.  I can't begin to count the people who have said they were Fitbit evangelists, telling all their friends and family about the virtues of the One.  Not any more, I guarantee you!!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.