Unlock stress management breakdown for free

The Stress Management Full Breakdown function is currently locked.
This is highly unfair to customers who have paid for the top of the line very expensive watch. I can get similar breakdowns in my Apple Watch by buying a $5 app.
I understand that Premium is necessary for training videos. meditations and coaching.
16 Comments
AlForte
Jogger

Absolutely right.  I find the Premium feature expensive and absurd for those people do not need video coaching.  I expect to see all the data and correlations that my very expensive Sense offers.  I too have an Apple watch and will not be buying another watch from FitBit until they change the Premium Policy.

duddyangel
Jogger

Totally agree with Alex Forte.  It is unethical and unfair.

cwilliams01
Jogger

I am a pensioner I got the sense as a gift from my family for my heart condition and I can't afford the subscription and even if I could I would not pay it is robbery.  I don't need coaching and I meditate without videos.  Very unfair.

sbflinders
Jogger

Yes I was so disappointed when I saw the lock.  The watch was advertised as having these options no one told me I had to pay extra to see the data.  Reckless and misleading advertising.  I will look for the features in the Apple Watch and swap.

alex-w
Base Runner

Hi AlexForte ans SBFlinders,

I would not go as far 🙂  I love my Sense and the FitBit App,  The Apple Watch and Health app is no match for the purpose of fitness and exercise monitoring.  The Apple Watch brings many other desirable features.  I wear both because each one has features I find very useful.  I wish there was one watch that could offer all the features, maybe Google will bring one out in the future and use the Fitbit app that they now own as a platform.

Features would be:

All those present in the Sense with improvements.  Some of these are brilliant but buggy.

The Fitbit App

ECG (present in Apple)

FALL Monitoring (present in Apple)

No subscriptions for data and correlations (Present in Apple Health and available by purchasing individual Apple Apps)

Accurate Heart Monitoring (Apple watch provides that 90% of the time.)

Whoever creates that magic watch gets my money for sure for now and the future 🙂  I am certain the entire world of fitness enthusiast would go for that.  Google are you listening?  :-))

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @alex-w, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about unlocking the stress management breakdown for free with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

abzumbamomma
First Steps

As much as I love my Versa 2, and knowing Google bought out Fitbit, I feel it is only fair that Google Assistant becomes an option even on this model.  We paid a hefty price for a device that is supposed to simplify our lives and allow a seamless experience between phone and watch.  I don't *hate* Alexa, she can be helpful...but this is a Google family.  This would be far more useful to me.  Thank you for reading my comments.

Dragonbread
Keeping Pace

I got a Charge 4 to help me keep mindful with my anxiety (I am a stress case unfortunately) and it's really not fair this feature (not to mention other features that several companies have for free, or a low one time price.)

alex-w
Base Runner

Absolutely Dragonbread,

The Sense and the Charge are amazing fitness watches, and the FitBit Aop is the best app dedicated to maintaining good health and fitness.  There is no substitute like it.

Many people like you and I rely on the app for monitoring the subtle changes that happen in our physiology especially during rehab.

I understand that extras as videos, meditations, and third party copyrighted items must be part of some subscription.

But the basic diagnostic component should be rightfully free.  This especially in such expensive, iconic watches.

I sincerely hope tha Google a very customer conscious organisation will lift this unjustified barrier.

arerick
First Steps

So which features of the Versa 3 are free vs paid?  I specifically bought this particular watch for the data of certain features & if it doesn't include the ones that drove my purchase, I will have to return it when it arrives sadly. 😞

avensis18
Recovery Runner

Hi i absolutely agree with that too.

TweakBox 

Big-Gee
Recovery Runner

I too agree that all the premium features that relate to my data should be free, especially stress management, SPO2, ECG and sleep analysis

I just upgraded to the Sense 3 days ago for these specific features and having to pay $13.95/month USD (i am Canadian)  is insane. 

I think it is really unfair to pay for a device then have to pay extra to access features of the device that I just paid for. I don't mind having to pay extra for videos and all that. But I expect to have access to all of my data.

lazywong
Jogger

It's a shame that this and other health insights are locked behind a monthly premium. I have a fitbit sense and I really like it's capabilities and the few health insights that is part of fitbit premium. But you have to pay a premium price for the watch and then monthly premiums to actually get what you thought you would be getting with the premium watch. Keep the health insights out of the monthly premium. I personally will not be subscribing to fitbit premium after my free trial is up. Not worth it just for the few health insights, I don't care for the other features of Fitbit premium.

abzumbamomma
First Steps
Agreed. I didn't even bother with the free trial because I knew I was not going to pay for a subscription with an already expensive watch.

Get Outlook for Android
lazywong
Jogger

I share the same sentiments. It's exciting to know that Fitbit has health insights but it's disappointing that Fitbit locks certain health insights behind a subscription paywall especially when we've already payed quite a lot for the watch/tracker already.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.