Update Fitbit One to display "IF FOUND" message

One of the frequent struggles with Fitbit One users is the loss of the device.  If you drop your fitbit while running in a trail or at the mall, the chances of your getting the Fitbit back are effectively none.  Even if the fitbit was found and the finder knew what it was, there is no means to unite it back with its owner.

How difficult would it be to update the fitbit to display an "IF FOUND" message along with the rest of the information?  It would work like the silent alarm, if you see the "IF FOUND" and continue to click through, then you won't see the remainder of the message.  If you see the "IF FOUND" and stop, you'll see the remainder of the message.  I used the greeting to mock it up, and it'd look something like this:

fitbit-iffound.JPG

You'll still be at the mercy of the finder, but I think most folks who found the device would be willing to return it, turn it in to the local 'lost & found', or both.  I'd probably do both, "Hey, I found your fitbit at Subway, leaving it with the cashier."

If nothing else, at least expand the greeting to accomodate more than 8 characters, possibly 14 characters to accomodate area code & phone number:  (XXX) XXX-XXXX

-Frank.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

27 Comments
smittycdm
Base Runner
Don’t use a .One any longer, recycled mine to 17 yr-old nephew
Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. There aren't currently plans to release this feature. 

Though Fitbit One is a popular product, we are always working to streamline our offerings as we introduce new products, which are coming later this year. Fitbit One will be removed from Fitbit.com and some retail partners over the next few months.

If you’re looking for a new tracker, we recommend considering the other discreet options we offer—Fitbit Zip if you prefer a clip-based tracker or Fitbit Flex 2 if you prefer a slim, wrist-based tracker. You can learn more about these trackers plus the rest of the Fitbit family of products at https://www.fitbit.com/compare.

Please note that we will continue to support the One, even when it is no longer available, and provide troubleshoots and replacements for devices in warranty.

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can continue to provide you with Fitbit trackers you love and help you reach your goals.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.