Upload non GPS activity to Strava

To be able to upload all types of activity to Strava, including non-GPS activities, such as weightlifting.

Moderator Edit: Updated label

135 Comments
shppotta
Recovery Runner

@DarioFunk you don't give username and password to someone else, because the app FitToStrava use the Fitbit Authentication OAuth 2.0, so the credentials are neither visible nor stored, but you are logged in the Fitbit servers.

charleskn
Distance Runner

I know all my strength training sessions, logged using Polar, show up in Strava. I woder if you could use the Fitness Syncher app to get things into Strava. It seems to work well, but may not transfer  HR data. I've used it to get stuff into RunKeeper.

https://www.fitnesssyncer.com/support/strava

Nolic
Recovery Runner

I still can't believe that this hasn't been rectified!  This has been requested for years by Fitbit users and I honestly though that this feature of incorporating non GPS data would be resolved.  Next purchase will be a Garmin for sure, a shame after being a Fitbit user for years!

DaveCraige
Jogger

This seems so basic.  Why can't Fitbit simply send over swim data to Strava? 🏊‍

If I spend 20 minutes running and then I spend an hour swimming why doesn't Fitbit + Strava show the swim?  Seems ridiculous that swims don't show up at all.

Can the Fitbit engineers simply fix this issue?

I have already spoken to Strava and they have said that Fitbit needs to fix this bug.  When can it be fixed so we can simply see our swims? 

twitter_yWwOLxF6.jpg

Alicefay
First Steps

Why is this feature still being discussed 4 years later? Strava pairs well with Garmin and Apple Watch so why not Fitbit? What’s the hold up? 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion about syncing non-GPS activities from Fitbit to Strava with us. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit. We’d encourage you to make this suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly.

Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

ScottUK124
First Steps
Would like to see Fitbit encourage Strava to allow you to connect and register your heart rate by not using GPS. As it stands you can’t link unless you use GPS.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @ScottUK124, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to integrate your non-GPS activities between Strava and Fitbit with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Zibeon.S
First Steps
Currently only GPS activities (runs, walks etc.) recorded on Fitbit sync to my Strava account. Non-GPS activities like weights or yoga do not. I want all my activities synced to Strava. Unlike previous post responses, issue is not Strava activities syncing to Fitbit - it's Fitbit to strava. Garmin does this, would like the same for my Fitbit.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Zibeon.S, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to sync your non-GPS activities from Fitbit to Strava with us. I noticed this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.