User interface to for us users to be able to create and submit Adventure Races for approval.

Adventure races a absolutely wonderful and much more exciting than workweek hustles however I am not knocking WWH's as they are great as well.  Example, I have a South to North Rim Hike and Camping adventure my son and I share and I took some great pictures along the way.  Would be really neat to be able to map that adventure out in a app and add pictures and even estimated steps which could be updated by the user community if necessary.  Its the views that are inspiring in all of these adventures and to have a diverse community built set would be engaging for your current and prospective users.  Keep up the great work Fitbit

13 Comments
HLI
Recovery Runner

I love what you did on the adventure! 

I am wondering if Fitbit can give users power to create their own adventures and share it with the world. Obiously, it is easy said than done. Just throw the ideas out there. 

Cheers

H

holgerkpedersen
First Steps

I am a kind of stuck with the currently available American adventures in the Fitbit App. The reason why is obvious. I am not American, I am living outside USA, and many people do. I want the adventures to be within my proximity. So do other people.

Please, make an app where we can record our own routes, applying our own GPS location trackers on our phones. Make it possible to take snapshots of locations on the route, and give the users ability to share their own photos from the routes and the routes of the adventures. 

Alternatively, release the source format of the Adventures, and make it possible to download/import the data for adventures from any kind of source. I don't buy the idea to apply the adventures Fitbit Inc. will make available, since it will always be too limited for people far from the selected locations.

lost-monkey
First Steps

I upvoted this because there are a lot of creative enthusiasts out there that would be willing to create and share their own adventures. I love the adventures and I've seen how much others do too. This is a really great feature that is only limited by the content at the moment. Last week I was in Death Valley, last year in Hawaii, before that in the Badlands... and as an avid photographer those places have gotten well documented. 🙂 If there were guidelines to follow and a submission process I could see the content grow very quickly without too much overhead on Fitbit's part.

Also as I thought about this feature I started thinking about an oblique way of generating content and that would be to plan adventures to fictitious places... like those in books or popular culture. It really is a rewards based learning platform and I could see putting an adventure through Alice in Wonderland or Lord of the Rings (nerding out here 🙂 or whatever. Might not be on brand for Fitbit, but it sure could be fun and motivational for a lot of people.

The ability to create custom map-based challenges of any distance, picking the starting and ending points on a map and letting the software create the route.  You could create challenges as simple as crossing your city, to crossing your state/province - or even the country!

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

NeenUK
Jogger

Gonna give this one an updoot.

Would love the ability to create challenges, with as many people as I like and for as long as I like, ie 200k steps or Monthly challenge/Year challenge.
With a sub-option of being able to split a challenge into separate groups at a given period/when a threshold is met.

Eveane
First Steps

Completely agreed. It is frustrating to see only American centric adventure. Also those adventure could be a great promotional tool for highlighting local walks /trails and get Fitbit more engaged. 

Also when you travel you could discover and follow nice local track this way. 

This would be a kilkki feature! Please implement it ! 

KennyM5
First Steps

I would love new destinations challenges like the NYC marathon and Yosemite! I get that the development team is probably a super busy group of people, so what about having a user-submitted feature? Provide a template where people can create their own with the distance,  GPS tagged pics and maybe optional fun facts for the Jewel Challenges. That way the development team doesn't have to create a whole adventure, just review the submissions for appropriate content (and pics) and then make them accessible to all users. I'd love to share my area and the sights along my walks with the world!

Moses84
First Steps

I would love to have connectivity with maps in order to:

1. Select a custom start location

2. Select a custom end location 

3. Create a race track between the two points and Crete a group race.

4. This would also create a custom race for any other users to use. 

5. This would build a custom race list created by users which would be forever expanding.

BrandonCT
First Steps

I think this is a great idea with a lot of potential! Niantic did something on a smaller scale. Which is how Pokemon Go has pookestops (user submitted portals in Ingress game). There was a submission and review process.

There could be a user application process to be a local involved in creation, collecting, images, and GPS locations. Could also get some professional/semi-professional partners (ex. REI adventure people could collect data along the way) then an adventure could be cobranded (cobranded, code name for sharing cost!).

Personally I'd love the bragging rights, "Yea, the Columbus, Ohio such-and-such Trails adventure data. You can do that one because of me."

Truefreedom
Base Runner
Nice response. Obviously some insight that should be forwarded to Fitbit project managers and engineering groups. Thanks

Ken
Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.