View macros of each meal

I love that we can see our macros for the day (percentage and grams), but it would be so nice to see that same breakdown per meal.
18 Comments
Logans23
First Steps

I suggest there be a pull down menu such as the one that says nutrition at the top; There should be one for each meal of the day to see and meal by meal breakdown of macronutrients

Status changed to: Needs More Info
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Logans23 nice to see you around. Thank you for adding this request. The Fitbit app already have the option to display a macro breakdown for each meal. Can you please add more details about your suggestion? So we can categorize it in a more effective way.

Karensc
Jogger

@YojanaFitbit Where exactly is the option to display for each meal?  My app is up to date, but nowhere can I find this option.  All I see is my total macros for the day.  Having the ability to see each meal would be incredibly helpful.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @amandamr, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to see macros of each meal on the Fitbit app. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Logans23, thanks for your response. I've moved it into a similar request. See you around on the Fitbit Forums.

FootChase
First Steps
I ***LOVE*** the macro ratio ring on the daily nutrition page but I would love if there were a total macros per meal (everything tagged as breakfast gets factored into the breakfast macro ratio) and also if each item had a macro display as in Cool Whip is 54% fat/ 46% carb/ 0% protein
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @FootChasethanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to see the total macros per meal in the Fitbit app with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Sarah1111
Jogger
Please add number of portions yielded from a recipe entered in Create a Meal so to get actual calories and macros.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Sarah1111, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to create a meal so to get actual calories and macros. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices.You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Jweiss12475
First Steps
Breakdown of nutrients per meal as well as the current total for the day.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Jweiss12475, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

View macros of each meal

Able to see nutrients summary for the present day

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

tonypalmer
Keeping Pace

Hi,

I would also like to suggest there be a way to see a macro breakdown for each meal of the day. Perhaps a popup when you tap on the

macro nutrients displayed on the app that lets you look at the breakdown for a meal. Like Logans23 and Karensc I can't find this capability anywhere in the app.

As the app works today, when I add food to a meal, the macro breakdown increments the total for the day. People with diabetes who have to  manage their carb intake closely need to know how many carbs they are ingesting with each meal. The web dashboard food log shows the subtotal for each meal, but the app does not. Since I'm not always at my computer, this isn't always helpful.

Calicupcake326
First Steps

Being able to select the header for each meal to see the macros for that specific meal would be helpful. I hope more votes come in for this because it would be great to be able to rely on 1 app for tracking everything. 

Kogre
First Steps

I'm quite surprised there isn't a "per meal" macro breakdown.  I thought I'd missed something in the settings, but clearly haven't.  For something called Fitbit, I'd expect something as obvious as this, so you can tweak your meals and adjust your meals instead of having to peruse an entire days worth of meals looking for where to add or remove calories.

Having the option to view a days macros is useful, but it's a half step in the right direction.  

Fitness404
First Steps

It's been years that i've seen this feature suggested. and nothing from fitbit on it. meanwhile, MyFitnessPal does offer this. So bye Fitbit, hello paying another vendor for it...

Gorath
First Steps

So, I wasn't crazy. There actually isn't a way for Fitbit to show macros for each meal and items you consumed. I had a day that suppedly involved over 800 grams of carbs, which would have been 3200 calories of the 2000 calories the app said I consumed for the day. Obviously, the app isn't doing math with the macros, so there is an error with one of the items in the food database. I never did find it, since the app is so braindead compared to other food trackers I've used for years. Please listen to the numerous requests for this feature and get it fixed. 

Maxisegk
Jogger

I would definitely like to see a breakdown of macros per meal, not just total macros per day. Obviously Fitbit has this information when we input meals, since it adds the macros per food item to the macros for the day.

azisles02
Jogger

I second this as a diabetic.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.