Visible/brighter Display for Outdoors - Inspire Series

I can't see my Inspire HR display when the sun is out.

Moderator edit:  updated subject for clarity.

16 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
JuanFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @NinjasMom , and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about brighter display for outdoors on the Inspire Serie  with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Yes. No issues with my Alta Hr but can not see the inspire in the sun. 

MojoEskimo
First Steps

Unable to use this product with outdoor activities.  Very disappointing!

MojoEskimo
First Steps

I am outside a lot.  I have the inspire 2.  Something I never thought of when I purchased it was that you can’t see the display in outdoor light.  It is very disappointing.  I would have purchased a different product had I’d known this.  Hopefully, the tech team can solve this problem...perhaps with an update or product exchange!  But it is very frustrating I am unable to use this for my outdoor activities.

sgharbison
First Steps

It is disappointing that the font size cannot be made larger (in reading other threads, this has been an issue that was brought up at least 2 years ago with some of the other models). I am an older user and cannot read the steps on my Inspire 2--especially not outside! There is not enough contrast, either. 

Larry-K
First Steps

The display is useless outdoors. I’ve read the suggestions on making the display brighter and they don’t work. Terrible design. 

Larry-K
First Steps

Just to be more specific I have the Inspire 2. 

SwimmerCRW
First Steps

It is a disaster that I can’t read my fitbit outside.  Useless!

kdwoolfe
Jogger

Same here. Can't read the display (particularly the time which I do frequently) outdoors even on an overcast day. As was said, it is nearly useless. I'll have to go back to wearing a digital watch.

MsRosieP
Jogger

At the very least, could Fitbit please provide a clock face in the Inspire 2 App Gallery that is bold and bright and distinct enough to be easily viewable outdoors, so that the Inspire 2 could (at least) be useable as a wristwatch outside?  For example, the "Sprint" clock face in the Inspire 2 app gallery has hour digits that are viewable outdoors, but the minute digits are still too dim.  Could you folks please design a simple watch face for the Inspire 2 with both HOUR and MINUTE digits that are as bright and bold as the hour digits in the Sprint clock face?   You could leave out the added features of the Sprint clockface, they're too small to be seen outdoors anyhow, and simply use the freed-up space to make the hour and minute digits larger.  Pretty please?

I even made it easy for them and submitted designs.
Zoltar23
First Steps

Fitbit inspire 2 is basically useless in the daylight and esp in sunlight. Even with Dim turned off. There must be an upgrade to make the characters brighter so that it is useable outside. Can even see the time

Jianping
Jogger

I have the same problem. This is further made difficult due to presbyopia. I have to take off my glasses and put the tracker under my eyelids to view the number on the face of the watch...

Thegav1
First Steps

Starting to look at competitor products as the lack of visibility outdoors makes this product useless.

I would gladly accept a shorter battery life at this point if that’s the reason product is dragging their feet on updating this huge design flaw.  Fix this!

Airamyug
First Steps

These comments are from 2021. I have a Fitbit Inspire bought in 2023 and the same problem persists. I work outdoors and spend a huge amount of time outside so currently my Fitbit is pretty useless. Is there a fix that works?

Blott2
First Steps

I received a new Fitbit Inspire 2

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.