Walk/Run to Any Destination in the World without leaving home

Fitbit Journey allows you to walk/run to any destination in the world without actually going there.

All you need to do is enter your starting address and ending address.

On your dashboard, you will see a Google Map with the starting point and bread crumb trail consisting of the current miles you have  walked towards your destination.  Everyday you log miles, the closer you get to your final destination which is visible on the map.  I like to invision Forrest Gump and how he jogged from one coast to the other coast. With Fitbit Journey, you too can live your own journey without actually leaving home.

Once you check your dashboard and see your Google Map on your progress, zoom in and use Google Street view to actually see the journey you are taking.

Challenge your friends to see who could get to Seattle to New York (for example) the quickest while enjoying the scenes with Google Street View along the whole journey.

Make sure you join Sponsored Journeys.  For example, join Nike's " Eugene to Portland: Dash for the Cash" Event on Oct. 31st starting at 12pm.  Sign up anytime before the event. Once it starts, you are automatically competing. Get your steps and see your progess and everybody else competing on the Google Map for that Event with live rankings as well.  For example, Nike could say that the first 1000 people to make it to the final destination get $20 gift card towards Nike products.

WHILE ALL THIS IS FICTICIOUS....it would really be awesome to have this and would be very do-able due to that the technology is already developed, Fitbit just needs to make it work for them.

If this is already developed and I missed the memo....then please send the memo my way because I really want to do this. I think it would be neat to see how long and how many miles it would take me to get from Seattle to New York and actually see that ficticious progress on a map.     🙂

Mod edit: title & label

9 Comments
Eagle1
Strider

Cool Idea, I used to have a pedometer that did this.  Unfortunately they stopped doing the challenges once most of the group completed them.  They setup different destinations that I could choose.  Once each challenge was completed, there was a badge for it and you could sign up for the next challenge. Would love to see Fitbit do something like this.  I think there are enough users that each challenge would have enough entrants to make it work!

ProcrastiWeight
Premium User
Base Runner

I really like this idea but not the sponsored journey part

Rainbird
Recovery Runner

I'd love this too but not the competition at my age (pensioner). An option to compete or go it alone would be good.  Just to walk the equivalent of one coast to the other would be a big thrill. Or if we can set our own starting point, any country or continent in the world could be walked.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

@Fantastico Wow, I really like this. I like the idea of being able to put any World's destination as a goal. Being able to add the miles to reach your destination, even though it's going to be fictional, will be really motivational to all of us. I'm pretty sure that a lot of users will enjoy and get motivated by this. Somebody could say that he/she traveled from Seattle to New York in 2 weeks, as it is going to be the same distance, awesome. With the help of Google Maps I can see a really interactive and funny way to do runs. Hopefully, this will be implemented in the future. Let;s keep voting for this great feature request! Thanks to everyone that is voting and commenting on this request. 

Fantastico
Stepping Up
Oh wow! We are getting a lot of votes 🙂 Thanks for voting and commenting too! SHARE the link to this page with your Fitbit friends and groups and get them to vote too. Happy Holiday's everyone 🙂
Atherto
Jogger
This is a great idea. My group of teachers and I just walked to Honolulu so to speak but it was a lot of manually calculations and they all had to take my word for it when I said we made it
Cathyrose1969
First Steps

Please, please, please do something like this. I have been searching for just this option. Seems it would be very motivational and with the new year in just a few days it would be a great way to start the year.

AussieNick
Jogger

This is a great idea. And also a world map showing all of the runs I've done, so that I can zoom in to see where.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this Product Feedback! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.