Water intake Challenge

Is there a way you can do a water intake challenge with your friends or other people on your water intake? Like you do with the steps. A day challenge, a week challenge, or weekend challenge. I don't know about you all but I struggle with drinking enough water. I think this feature would challenge and motivate me to drink more water. 

13 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Bri45, and thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion about having a water intake challenge! We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If your suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates! In the meantime, try visiting our Lifestyle Discussion Forum to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

eklinke1983
First Steps

I second this!

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

This idea actually could be very dangerous. 

Drinking too much water can cause death a lot faster then being dehydrated. 

Bantonio
First Steps

I agree! I was just about to post the same thing until I saw your post. 

BEllaFIT1
First Steps

Yes!  I was just going to make the same suggestion and then saw someone had already posted it here.  Please add a water drinking challenge.  I have a hard time drinking water during the day but it’s so important to your overall health.  I’d also love to do the challenge with my mom who has reminders on her phone because she forgot one day and ended up in the ER because she was dehydrated.  The Fitbit challenges are great motivators to get steps and would be so helpful to motivate us to drink more water!  Thanks! 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

What type of water competition do want to have with others?

The amount of water a body needs depends on the person, the temperature, the amount of activity, also simply wearing a face mask with this virus requires more water.

The problem is, is that drinking to much water is more dangerous than drinking to little. To much water can also lead to death within hours. Dehydration takes days or weeks to kill you.

Do a search for "Hold your week for a Wii". BTW the radio station was charged for her death. Another contest not as well known was of winning a car. The rules where to drink x glasses of water an hour and keep one hand on the car. The last person with their hand on the car wins, but this person never left the hospital, dying the next day.

The technical name is hyponatremia, also goes by Water Intoxication or Water Poisoning, 

When a person drinks to much water, the kidneys can not process it fast enough. The excess water lowers the salt in your blood. This causes the vessels in the brain to swell resulting in a life emergency that requires hospitalization. 

Yes it is has been rare in the past but with this push to make sure people are drinking water, this problem is increasing. I personally know 3 people that have ended up in hospitals and every year in my state there is at least one high school athlete that dies from drinking to much water.

Where when did this 8X8 rule of drinking water start? Back in 1945.

The report also stated that much of, sometimes all of this water can be obtained through fruits, vegetables, meat. Potatoes, and other drinks.

I know people that before noon they have 60 ounces of coffee, all of this water can be used by the body. 

I just want to point out that water competitions are not healthy but can be rather dangerous.

Solders that drink ad little as 32 ounces of water per hour develope symptoms of hyponatremia

Cecereads
First Steps

Yes please!! This would help so much. Competition amongst friends really motivates me to do .my best. We need this.

Georgiegirl30
Stepping Up

I would love a water challenge. It would need to be a water goal day challenge since each person needs a different amount of water. 

Andi04
Jogger
I think it would be nice if there was a goal day challenge that you could do between friends other than just steps. For example water goal day.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Andi04, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to have challenges based on water intake goals. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

KrisBroc824
Jogger
There should be a way to challenge friends to hit your water consumption goal for the day.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @KrisBroc824, thanks for sharing this suggestion about having a water intake challenge with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this Product Feedback! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.