Waterproof Fitbit with display screen. Thin like new flex and Alta.

I love that you have come out with a waterproof Fitbit, as a swimmer. Would love one that had a display like the Alta. Waiting to purchase until I find out if something like that is in the making.
8 Comments
2phat1
First Steps
Is there any plans to release a waterproof Fitbit? I exercise daily between 5000 and 8000 steps in a pool. My Fitness Pal records the exercise as pool walking. To add those steps to my daily Fitbit total I have to enter them manually which does not add to my weekly total or to earn badges. This means I am never competitive against friends despite doing 15,000 to 20,000 steps daily and the calorie burn in pool walking is also not captured. If I could purchase a waterproof Fitbit then all steps would be counted and it would be way more motivating.
PureEvil
10K Racer

You mean something like the Flex 2?

SWirth731
First Steps
I love that you have come out with a waterproof Fitbit, as a swimmer. Would love one that had a display like the Alta. Waiting to purchase until I find out if something like that is in the making.
2phat1
First Steps
Thanks PureEvil. I should have been more specific when saying I wanted a Fitbit that was waterproof. I currently have a Charge HR. I use it in place of a watch and like the heart rate monitor and altimeter function not all of which are available with a screen display with the Flex 2. My model waterproofed would be perfect.
Karmella
Base Runner

please incorporate this idea for those who do water asrobics and love a petite fitbit

steph21
First Steps

Hopefully Fitbit is reading these comments. I would love a waterproof Fitbit with a screen as would many users. The flex is good but as a swimmer it would be much better to be able to check how much activity you have done whilst in the pool. 

dani3345
First Steps

The line of Fitbits are great but they need waterproof ones. Not just the flex 2. I think that new Fitbit releases should have a screen like the Alta and be waterproof like the Flex 2.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
MarreFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone! Thanks for this suggestion! While we don't have any plans to release this on Alta, your suggestion to have devices that can be worn in water sports has been implemented on Flex 2 and Ionic. You can learn more about Fitbit Ionic at https://www.fitbit.com/ionic, and the rest of the Fitbit family of products at https://www.fitbit.com/compareThanks for sharing your thoughts and feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.