Weather

I think it should be able to tell you the temperature and the weather with an icon that could show a cloud or a sun or a rain drop depending on the weather. It would use ur phone and current location to get the data. I would buy a Fitbit for that feature alone.

Moderator Edit: Edited labels.

73 Comments
ajspear
First Steps

It would be cool if weather (daily high/low temp and conditions) were recorded per day. Then when you look back through the log you can relate your steps to the weather conditions for that day.

smallpig
First Steps

Show the weather forecast and current temperate(weather)

in fitbit force screen.

SPhillyLady
Stepping Up

it might be a bit much to ask for weather but I certainly wouldn't mind if weather was logged at the same time as workouts. 

Valkyrie-MT
Base Runner

When I wake up in the morning, I want to see the time (large print) and current outside temperature with a weather forecast (weather icon) on the main screen.  The large print is because it can be hard to see when I first wake up.  The weather info helps me decide what to wear for the coming day.  After 30 minutes, return to the default watch face.  Of course, this should be an option. 

Kodera99
Runner

display weather forecast and temp on surge

roguesfive
Recovery Runner

I completely agree.  Get the location either via the GPS or via data you enter in the app/website and pull the data from a weather site.  

slapsd
Keeping Pace
Would be nice with the time to get current or future weather trends. When you go out for a run walk bike nice to know what it is outside syncing from your phone based on you current location.
Kharismatic
Jogger

The bluetooth is already pulling the settings from the app. I'm sure it could also pull the iOS/Droid temperature.

Valex
First Steps

A temperature screen would be a very nice addition. Being included in the time display screen would be nice as well, considering there is still unused room. it could simply sync from your phone's native weather app and display as another number on the side. Another 'wow' factor would be awesome on the charge HR, as the features are the best part.

sparkdaddychad
First Steps

How about implementing a notification system within Fitbit bands that will notify you with a buzz and icon when a tornado or other incliment weather is where you are currently located?  Nobody sleeps with their watch on at night, most turn off their phones, etc.  What better way to ensure somebodies health, than by potentially saving their lives by alerting them for incliment weather and to wake them up to take shelter?

Would need something in the band that could tap into a weather API and location monitoring hardware, but its doable.  Who knows how many lives could saved???

Thoughts??

pbandwhey
Base Runner

Wearables are the new cool, hip gadgets these days. I personally think things like the Apple Watch will be overkill for a lot of people (myself included), so I think the simplicity of Fitbit will still appeal to a certain demographic. BUT I still think that Fitbit can strive to be a little more useful.

Example: why not give us the option to set our location in the app or website, then our fitbit can have an additional display option showing the current temperature based on our set location? Seems like an easy win for something that doesn't appear to have a lot of technical implications.

Anyone else think this would be a useful feature or is it just me?

acookster
Jogger
I believe these features could be very useful. Nothing overly complicated or sophisticated, but simply more information integrated into the watch.
akashavi
Recovery Runner

That would be useful. I would also like to be able to have my charge display the time like a regular digital watch. This might sound silly but I miss having the time available at a glance.

Status changed to: New
Mcore
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thank you for contributing your idea to our Feature Request forum! This post has been archived due to inactivity, and can no longer receive votes or comments. Any other ideas you might have, feel free to share them or vote for it, if it’s already suggested in the Feature Request Forum.

ghostrover78
First Steps
Any chance FitBit would consider adding weather conditions e.g., WeatherBug to dashboard and/or HR model? I, for one exercise outside and the added feature would be a nice addition for me or any user outside to compare daily exercise against the backdrop of the prevailing weather conditions. Mark
enorebmun
First Steps
A current temperature synced to the phone of your current location.(I often look at my Surge when wondering the temp outside) And a 3-5 day forecast. (Hi-lo, % chance of rain)
Status changed to: New
Mcore
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thank you for your contribution @Kodera99. I believe that this suggestion is a good addition to consider for the Surge tracker. I will gladly send your request to our team members so they can take it into consideration.

Any other ideas you might have, feel free to share or vote for them, if it’s already suggested in the Feature Request Forum.

Have a great day!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Great idea! If the HR can notify you of an incoming call (via Bluetooth), Fitbit could sync up (to a weather app) and notify you of the weather from your HR.
Jacklittle601
First Steps
Ya isn't that a great idea I think they should really make this happen
Ozzie65
Cross-Country Runner

Agree. This feature is available on most other devices in this class... Pebble, Garmin, etc..

rrchristie
Jogger
This says the issue was solved. How is that? I don't see any solution for this problem.
Grendel602
Jogger

I'd like to make a suggestion for a new addition to the metrics on tracking runs.  Since the Surge is GPS enabled I'd recommend that when the data posts to the dashboard for a run that the app link to weather results for the location/date so that you can see the route, pace, heart beat, and weather for the run.  i.e. 7min pace and x humidity and temperature.

This would be an ideal addition since much like car racing the weather has significant impacts on performance and knowing the weather at the time of your run you can better compare/contrast.

EJPennypacker
Recovery Runner

Yeah, this would be really useful for those of us that do activities "outside" so a weather icon or feature that could even be sent back to your app/device would be really nice.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
FerdinandFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi there @Jacklittle601. Thanks for sharing your ideas with us!

I think this is a great idea and many users would find it very helpful for planning their daily activities. I'll make sure to pass this along to our team and thank you for participating in the Feature Request board!

wilsonstudents
First Steps

We would like to add a feature that beeps when bad weather such as a storm, tornado, hurricane etc. is coming. Since people wear their FitBits outside they will know to go inside if it is not safe.  If people around those wearing FitBits hear it they will also be warned, saving more lives.  We feel this is more effecitve at warning people than televisoin and radio because their FitBit is always on them. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.