Weekly Time Subtotals for Exercise

The recent update added the number of days exercised during a given week but dropped the cumulative number of hours and minutes exercised during the week. Can you add the running total of hours and minutes exercised back to the bar at the beginning of each week as I find that more useful.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

10 Comments
keldastar
Jogger

Hello, 

since the new app update, I am unable to see the hours / minutes worked out per week.  Instead, it is replaced with days worked out per week which is redundant information.  It's time consuming to go into each day and add hours and minutes.  Please bring it back - the information is already up top with the check marks checked per day you've worked out in a quick view - why remove a feature just to add redundancy.

Sincerly Frustrated!

Moderator Edit: Removed all caps.

Danieldubya
First Steps

Cumulative distance here would be helpful, too! 

ciocan
First Steps

I totally agree with you Mark_b.

Total weekly time of exercising was a good progress indicator.

Also because most of us have larger screen now, a more condensed exercise list will be helpful - to see the last two weeks on the screen.

MikeMcc
First Steps
Like u I am frustrated by the changes to the dashboard and my devices as I have get nowhere with company .I will encourage friends to avoid the products .Why should they be told the dashboard u enjoyed is no longer available there are many other devices on the market .
CMDH
Recovery Runner

I absolutely agree. I love the new feature to set a weekly exercise goal, but wish there were a way to set the goal to number of hours verses number of days. Considering health recommendations are listed in minutes of activity per week, it only makes sense to be able to track that way.

pmpenguin
Recovery Runner

I agree and posted about this in the support forum as I thought I just could not find it in the new app. Number of days is very easy to get from the calendar view. Number of minutes is FAR more useful and using Active Minutes is not a reasonable workaround.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/iOS-App-Missing-Total-Exercise-Minutes/m-p/1062267#M30353

Gwillmott
Jogger
Like so many others it seems, I was challenging myself each week to do more exercise and tracking this with the total exercise hours per week metric showed on the Fitbit app. The last update removed this, please please please add it asap.
Gwillmott
Jogger
Totally agree - it was probably the main thing I used my Fitbit for, it was certainly a big motivator, more so than other features.
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SilviaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Thanks for visiting the Feature Request board! Fitbit is always improving the Fitbit app, having the running total of hours and minutes exercised could totally help to stay motivated and keep doing an awesome job. 

Status changed to: Released
RodrigoFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Great news, this request has been implemented! Weekly totals of time exercising is currently on iOS App version 2.20.

Click here to update the app if you haven't already. See you around!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.