Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Going On

Randomly since about 4/27 my battery has been draining from 100% or 0% in just 30 minutes. This is clearly due to a software/firmware update that was recently released as there are many Charge 5 users having issues. Please release a patch to fix the problem.
Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Jfeen82 - while there may be Fitbit App issues, a watch which drains it's battery in 30 minutes is probably faulty, may be intermittently.

To verity, turn the phone's Bluetooth off, so the watch runs in standalone mode, if the watch battery lasts normally, consistently, then there could be a phone or app problem.

Try restarting both watch and phone and test again.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue! I went from charging once a week to daily, which is very frustrating. I hope there is a fix, otherwise I can't see myself buying another Fitbit / Google fitness tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve tried all the steps including restarting my device. I’ve cleared all user data from my Charge 5 then unpaired the device. I deleted the Fitbit app then reinstalled and re-paired my charge 5 with my phone. None of these steps have helped.

i just tested taking my device off Bluetooth and that did not help either.

Let me be clear, I don’t believe this is due to an update on the Fitbit app. This is happening because of a firmware update to the Fitbit Charge 5. There are way too many people on the forum complaining of the same issue for this to be a coincidence or batteries just going bad. Fitbit did this imo and should correct it. Apple would correct it if it was happening on their Apple Watches by releasing a patch. Fitbit/Google should do the same.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am seeing this as well. My Fitbit Charge 6 was commissioned on 11/15/2023 (so, six months ago to the day), and has reliably offered 5+ days of battery life. Suddenly, about a week ago, the battery began draining much more quickly (no changes to settings), and was dropping 20% or more in 8 hours.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The update completely bricked my Charge 5, and customer service has been entirely unhelpful. I tried all of the troubleshooting steps. I'm done with Fitbit. I had a device in perfect condition that I really liked, and now it's totally worthless and just barely out of warranty. It's infuriating.

Best Answer
0 Votes