When setting weight goals allow us to select the start date.

I started a new eating plan on a Monday but didn't think to set my goal until Thursday or Friday.  It would be great if you would allow us to select a start date (even if it was in the past) vs making the start date the day we enter the goal.  I am missing pounds that I've lost prior to actually entering the goal 😞  Demotivator ...

11 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Rosie5711
First Steps

When entering a weight loss goal, the fitbit automatically starts the goal from the current date. Since I'm logging my weight on my dashboard or via the app, I would like the goal to reflect the start date that I want instead of today's date by default.

123updateapp
First Steps

We need the ability to set the date our goal started. This will allow the weight loss to be reported more accurately. Not just since goal was set, but from a date of our choosing. 

o_g
Stepping Up

This is important to me as well. I especially want the lbs. lost since date to include the YEAR the goal was set for long term tracking.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Jyunbug
First Steps

It would be great to be able to change the date when setting or updating weight goals.  Currently it will change the date to the current date.  But I like to have my date set at my "start date" but I may alter goals, or have mini-goals and go back to my main goal.  It just would be nice to be able to set the date myself.

Thanks!

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Jyunbug, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

nmekre
First Steps
Add an option to change the start date of a goal, specifically the weight loss goal. I started a week ago but didn't get around to entering it as a goal on Fitbit until 5 days later and I would really like to see my progress for the ENTIRE time not just after I entered it on Fitbit.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @nmekre, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding the option to select the start date of weight goal. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

MistyAndHoney
First Steps
I would like to be able to edit my weight loss data start date.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @MistyAndHoney, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding the option to edit start date on weight section. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

Click on the thumbs-up to show your support. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.